SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2 bulk boxes of 500 from a friend of mine for $100 total, I couldn't pass up that deal. He told me he ran another 1000 through his springfield and m and p a while back with no issues. It all looks ok, but was packaged loose. Just curious if anyone has used this manufacturer before. My searches yielded minimum results, however I do see that CTD sells it from time to time. I also read some posts that new ammo was actually reloads. They don't look like reloads to me, and still have the "new 124 gr" sticker on the 2 boxes. I'm going to shoot it either way, but just want to decide if I should go through it first, or add it to the **** stash :) Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'm going to shoot it either way, but just want to decide if I should go through it first, or add it to the **** stash :) Thanks in advance.
I know that you said they have "NEW" listed on the box, but are you sure they're not reloads?

I've never shot that ammunition, but some quick research on google pulled up some dissatisfied thread posts... With that being said, you can't really go wrong with paying $.10 per round.

IMHO:

You should go ahead and use it at the range, and for two reasons:
(1) You don't know how reliable the rounds are; and,
(2) You need to stick with factory new, reputable SD rounds for a "**** stash." If they are reloads, please keep in mind that reloads should NEVER be trusted for SD reasons.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look new to me, but I'm not sure how to tell 100%. I asked him where he got them originally just now, he said cheaper than dirt. Cheaper than dirt does sell these same 500 rd new 124 gr boxes it appears. So if they aren't new, they are certainly being sold as if they are. But on a side note, my **** stash is like 3000 rounds at the moment, I don't have the money for that to be all hollow points haha. Most of it is freedom munitions new stuff.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I don't have the money for that to be all hollow points haha.

I hear you! You're doing better than me: I don't have an ammunition stash.

Reactions: PSGWSP

·
Registered
951 Posts
If you don't mind in shooting reloads go for freedomunitions.com for really good offers, somethimes with the free shipping. It is mostly proven to be very good in any postols calibers but I am getting them in rifles .223 and .308 as well. It is better than new in many cases, as example new tula is **** in compare to the freedom :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They look new to me, but I'm not sure how to tell 100%. I asked him where he got them originally just now, he said cheaper than dirt. Cheaper than dirt does sell these same 500 rd new 124 gr boxes it appears. So if they aren't new, they are certainly being sold as if they are. But on a side note, my **** stash is like 3000 rounds at the moment, I don't have the money for that to be all hollow points haha. Most of it is freedom munitions new stuff.
^ :)

I won't shoot anyone's reloads, but I frequent freedom munitions. Their new ammo is barely more than the reloads.

·
Registered
951 Posts
FYI - cheaper than dirt is having pretty bad reputation among shooters, they are playing games with the rounds cost and applying huge shipping charges. Avoid them if you can to support other great ammo stores. Just my 2 cents, I could give you some online stores you will be happy always :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FYI - cheaper than dirt is having pretty bad reputation among shooters, they are playing games with the rounds cost and applying huge shipping charges. Avoid them if you can to support other great ammo stores. Just my 2 cents, I could give you some online stores you will be happy always :)
I do not purchase from CTD, I just noticed they were one of the only places I could find when I searched for people selling this ammo.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I do not purchase from CTD, I just noticed they were one of the only places I could find when I searched for people selling this ammo.
I don't know why do you need this particular ammo but I would search this site for the great deals, you could include/exclude what you need, set email notifications. Works great for me on any ammo types.

Find 22LR Ammo in stock at lowest prices | WikiArms AmmoEngine

Cheaper than dirt is in my spam box, I don't even look there :) Who cares what what they are selling? :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know why do you need this particular ammo but I would search this site for the great deals, you could include/exclude what you need, set email notifications. Works great for me on any ammo types.

Find 22LR Ammo in stock at lowest prices | WikiArms AmmoEngine

Cheaper than dirt is in my spam box, I don't even look there :) Who cares what what they are selling? :)
You misread. I purchased 2 boxes from a friend for VERY cheap. Couldn't pass up 1000 rds for 100$. Even if half of it fails, it was still cheap lol... I was just seeing if anyone had experience with it. I'm not looking to buy more. Freedom munitions is pretty much all I need. Sometimes I hit LAX too.

·
Registered
951 Posts
You misread. I purchased 2 boxes from a friend for VERY cheap. Couldn't pass up 1000 rds for 100$. Even if half of it fails, it was still cheap lol... I was just seeing if anyone had experience with it. I'm not looking to buy more. Freedom munitions is pretty much all I need. Sometimes I hit LAX too.
But you asked why CTD is only place selling it right? As I said it is last place most people are looking for anything to buy as I know. It could be good ammo but I would care less since CTD horrible reputation.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But you asked why CTD is only place selling it right? As I said it is last place most people are looking for anything to buy as I know. It could be good ammo but I would care less since CTD horrible reputation.
I just mentioned that CTD sells it, labeled as new, to point out it "shouldn't" be re-manufactured. I don't support CTD. Between the gouging, and not shipping MD compliant firearms to MD, they made my sh*t list a long time ago. I simply want to know if anyone has fired this ammo before.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Try Georgia Arms bulk. Very reliable and clean. Used by many competitive shooter. I have used and never disappointed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts