SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The load data out there is worthless as this rifle is SOOOO different from anything else in its class.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Barrel length and twist should be very close to a Kalashnikov so, it shouldn't be worthless. In fact, your Sig is a gas operated, semiautomatic carbine, very similar to the AK47. If I were loading for a 556R, the first thing I would do is verify the bore diameter. Depending on where you're at, 7.62 means .308 in the USA, it means .311 in Russia.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bore is .311 (verified by SIG) 7.62x39 SIG wont release me info on chamber pressure max, they say its "proprietary information" BS!
16in @ 1:9.5 same as

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's a link to some starting info....lot's of recipes out there. Like any load, you have to define what 'kind' of load you're looking for.

Accuracy ?
100% function ?
Cost ?

7.62 x 39 Load Data - Handloads.Com

Jay

·
Registered
33 Posts
SIG wont release me info on chamber pressure max, they say its "proprietary information" BS!
:LOL: That is sooooooo sig. Won't give out any info to people that own a product they made and marketed, but stopped supporting about a decade ago. I guess it was so top secret special they're afraid if someone else got that info, they'd have the secret for such a successful, hand over fist cash cow line for sig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts