SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Anybody else want a full size SAS?

2K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  IANative 
#1 · (Edited)
Maybe it's the 1911 guy in me, but I've always considered the Sig full sized guns near "commander" length guns anyway. So, why not have SAS models with 4.4 inch barrels? I love the look and the sight radius that the extra half inch gives and IMO that much barrel length doesn't matter as much as grip and width when concealing.

So who's with me? You wanna sexy SAS full sized p220 or p227 like I do?

I figure it should be a no brainer considering how the W. German Sigs are seen as great looking.....add the anti-snag treatment and it would fly off the shelves IMO.

#5 ·
The P226 gets the barrel length (TacOps 4.9"), though none of those models, as you note, are SAS. And none are offered without a rail, which is, in terms of looking svelte and suitable for concealed carry, at least as important as SAS. Both would be good.

Something like this would be a good start . . . most of the used P226's in 40 have rails.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/625010417

#7 ·
I guess I just want a non-railed West German styled p220 with the SAS treatment.

I reckon I could try to pick up a cheap used p220 with no rail and have it dehorned/SASed, refinished in NP3+ and some sights and a little trigger work. But, she's be as much or more in price to a brand hammer new Sig. But, she'd be mine.......hmmmmmmm.:cool:

#21 ·
Back to my point...just make these things something that can be ordered through the CS...
Talo Distributors seems to actually listen to what we want...they, not Sig, had the idea for a normal, no-rail 226. yeah, Sig had that lame-*** Tribal model, but those obviously didn't last long, thank god!

Reactions: chris2814
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.