SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

馃帠USAF Retired
OP's tool is beautiful.

While on the subject, ever try throwing them? A few times I've gone to arcades where you can throw them. How hard can this be? Right! Darned hard to get them to consistently stick, in my experience.
Throwing axes are different than combat Tomahawks. The weight and balance is different, my son in law throws axes in competition. His axes seem top heavy to me.. I鈥檓 no expert he is.. fun activity though, like big darts.

馃帠USAF Retired

馃帠USAF Retired
I made this trade tomahawk and carried it in the Montana wilderness. When a moose attacked my young son I told him to run behind me and hide by a rock. He was searching for arrowheads near a spring runnoff stream. Suddenly, he came running toward me terrified, saying 鈥淚 hear something, I am scared.鈥 I then felt the unmistakable shake in the ground of the black moose running as it broke into the clearing. I drew this tomahawk from my belt and charged the enraged moose, firing my 50 caliber long rifle one handed at point-blank range at its face, while swinging in with the hawk. Moose rared up, wheeled (like only a moose can do with its double-jointed limbs that can kick sideways), defecated itself, and ran. My now fully grown son, who was a very young boy at the time, remembers the 50 long rifle thunderclap and me dressed in bucksin leather and boots rushing through the smoke swinging in with the tomahawk with a war cry, striking at the face of the moose. When he turned 18, I gifted it to him, and now carries and throws it himself. I鈥檝e gone hands on with a 350 pound black bear with a 12鈥 blade bowie knife at 3am, and been chased by five 150# black-furred wolves for interfering with their hunt, (documented with MT FWP), but protecting my son was the most intense experience I had on the MT wilderness divide.

View attachment 501808
View attachment 501810
View attachment 501817
Reverse image picture my wife took of me returning at 3 am from patrolling the property for wolves. The temperature was 40 degrees below zero on the continental divide. She had tea ready. I love Montana, where outsiders will not go. View attachment 501820
Well, All I ever did to a moose was hit it with my snowmobile trailer. The guy behind me in his little Ford ranger finished off the moose and his truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts