SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering how many of you own the Sig 1911 Carry Scorpion, and how you like it?
Any tips on cleaning/lube?
Did it run good out of the box or did you have to break it in?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've only had mine for a few weeks but so far it still looks as good as when I first opened the box. Even the slide rails are still perfect after about 400 rounds

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've only had mine for a few weeks but so far it still looks as good as when I first opened the box. Even the slide rails are still perfect after about 400 rounds
That's good to hear. I don't usually care too much about the finish of a gun....if I like it then I buy it. I did buy the baby version....P238 Scorpion....It's a funny little gun to shoot at 7-10 yards at range but it usually stays in the safe and looks brand new....I have wondered how the finish hold up on these Scorpions but it sounds like it will do just fine....Good luck...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a 2 month old M11 A1 Desert. It shoots great and eats anything but the finish does not seem as tough as the Nitron. I have a wear point on either side from my Galco holster, which has been a ***** to break in.

·
Banned
945 Posts
I have a 2 month old M11 A1 Desert. It shoots great and eats anything but the finish does not seem as tough as the Nitron. I have a wear point on either side from my Galco holster, which has been a ***** to break in.
Mine too, about 1000 rounds and 1000 draws, some wear but I like it...gives a gun character. Says it was used how it is supposed to be used.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Have a full size 1911 scorpion. I don't carry it but have put 420 rounds through it with about 5 different brands of ammo and it's been perfect ! Grease the rails up with the mil comm that comes with it and you should be fine. Only wear I see is where the mags go in

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice review mesinge2
I'm going to look for the same brands FMJ you used. I've been using WWB, and though it runs fairly well NOW with them, it's still hit and miss. Mine only runs flawlessly with HP ammo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts