SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations? I'm looking for a Paddle Style OWB holster for my 320 Full-sized. I would like limited retention since the holster will be for sport shooting only. I've bought a couple of holsters that didn't fit the bill... I don't want to waste any more money 'hoping' to find something.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys...

That OSH Standard Kydex Holster from tactical holsters looks like a good one. I'm leaning that way.

Titan has very limited OWB Sig 320 full size products (I couldn't find any). The savage holster looks pretty neat -- they have a carbon fiber design.

·
Registered
604 Posts
You could get one of these and just take out the ALS lock. It comes out with a couple screws.

Safariland 7379 7TS ALS Clip-On Concealment Holster 7379-474-411 Up To 37% OFF

Safariland also lists this on there site as competition legal.

Safariland® Model 5198 Open Top Concealment Belt Clip/Paddle Holster with Detent

Model 5198 Open Top Concealment Paddle/Belt Loop Holster with Detent
MODEL: 5198 SKU: 1187306 PART: 5198-450-411

The Safariland® Model 5198 holster is lightweight, with low-cut sides allowing for an easy draw, and an open-top designed for defensive pistol competition. The holster is also well suited for concealed carry due to its compact size. A trigger guard detent and adjustable tension device secure the gun in the holster during rigorous activity for reliable carry retention. Durable thermoformed SafariLaminate™ construction makes this holster tough enough for constant wear, and the STX finish keeps it looking good through years of use.

The 5198 comes with both injection-molded paddle and belt loop, so you can attach and adjust carry for comfort and to match your needs. The Model 5198 open-top concealment holster is IDPA and USPSA approved.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Red Hill Tactical makes my favorite competition holster.
The double layered are absolutely the best. As number of USPSA Ms and GMs have started using them. He also sells the Springer Precision drop offset hanger if you don't have a good hanger yet. While I have a bought all fair number off holster already, I now shoot on the Red Hill team so you can use "Cole4RHT" for a discount.
Red Hill Tactical

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys... I went with the Comp-Tac International Holster. It had the right combination of ergonomics (it can be worn low) and it looks like it will be easy to draw from. I participate in tactical shooting activities and draw a lot... hope this scratches the itch.

THANK-YOU to everyone for sharing your favorite holsters. After trying the Comp-Tac, I will be looking for a couple of other holsters for a Colt Combat Commander (1911) and a HK VP9.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You could get one of these and just take out the ALS lock. It comes out with a couple screws.

Safariland 7379 7TS ALS Clip-On Concealment Holster 7379-474-411 Up To 37% OFF

Safariland also lists this on there site as competition legal.

Safariland® Model 5198 Open Top Concealment Belt Clip/Paddle Holster with Detent
I bought a Safariland 7378 a few weeks ago. Great holster and perfect for duty carry which is what I bought it for. I plan on getting the same holster except with the light carry ability for my P320 fs with TLR-1HL

·
Registered
109 Posts
Any recommendations? I'm looking for a Paddle Style OWB holster for my 320 Full-sized. I would like limited retention since the holster will be for sport shooting only. I've bought a couple of holsters that didn't fit the bill... I don't want to waste any more money 'hoping' to find something.
i just bought an IWB from red river tactical, waiting to receive it, but this one looks like something you might be interested in..nice paddle, or even thigh rig setup

https://rrtholsters.com/product/advanced-cut-holster-owb-only/

My favorite place to order from though is stealthgear...kinda pricey though. i have a flex owb for my sc, and it's nice and tight to the waist...prolly not best for sport tho.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I got this from the Sig Store because they had it on sale for $25 (and it still is) and was surprised that I really liked it - https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-sauer-p320-p250-leather-pancake-holster.html

For the money you might give it a try.

Edit: I did, just this weekend modify this holster. I removed the thumb break and snap. It now holsters both my P320 Carry 357 & .45, and my P227, P228 and P229c all very nicely.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought a JM Custom OWB for my p320 RX. This is the nicest kydex holster I have ever purchased. Fit and finish are terrific and JM offers options for lights and red dots. Price with options was $95 an wait time was about 6 weeks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Safariland 578 GLS Pro-Fit Holster with Paddle.

Retension via a lever that is released when pressed by the top of the middle finger when grasping the grip of the firearm. But it's explicitly different from the SERPA release mechanism.

Make sure to install the optional shim. The holster then fits a lot of full size SIG's, Beretta, Steyer, Springfield (and a few other less popular full frame) models by just adjusting the tension screw.

It's nice to have a kydex/polymer holster that fits more than one make of firearm.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Red River has some very nice looking holsters and some great options. I'm going to take a hard look at them for my MK25...
I got the red river iwb, and it's everything I expected. Nice positive click on holstering, good retention. I'd expect their OWB to be every bit as good. It even has an option to cut it IDPA legal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.