SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting another pistol for CC and range shooting and i am eyeing a Glock. I shoot the shorter pistols like my 290RS just fine and shootability for me is a bit moot between grip lengths.

what isn't moot is that i plan to carry whatever other pistol i buy IWB. I am allowed to carry at work, but we have a strict no print rule and i am in front of customers pretty much all day. My concern with the G19 is that the extra height of the grip will print and keep me from being able to carry at work with that pistol.

i know the G26 would be easier to conceal, but I want to shoot IDPA and adding a third pistol to get the G26 and G19 in the safe won't happen in the foreseeable future.

i can't find any comparisons of the P290 (P290RS) to either Glock model. I'm not so concerned about the length of the barrel as far as concealability, more the grip printing at work through the required thin polo style shirt and cargo pants i wear.

I had to return my recently purchase N82 holster because the extra thickness compared to my aliengear holster printed too much with the 290. I'm hoping some of you guys might have one or both glock pistols in your collection and might be able to give me some pics comparing sizes, specifically between the 290 with the 8rd mag, teh flush 6-round, and the Glocks.

My thought from what I can gleen online the 290RS with 8rd mag is about the same grip height as a G19, but not quite as thick, and that might let me get an idea how well it will work for my needs by carrying the 290Rs with the 8 round mag for a few days. I am afraid to get the G19 and then not be able to carry it and have a pistol only good for range or competition, not something I want and would get the G26 if that is the case.

My local range doesn't have a G26 or G19 for rent and I am new to the area and don't know anyone local to compare with, I hope someone can help me out. Thanks for the help! i did search and if i missed the thread somewhere with this info, i'd appreciate a link.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I don't have the Sig bit have quite a bit of experience with the 26 and the 19. Since everyone is different I won't recommend one over the other as far as how easily you could conceal one over the other.

As far as your IDPA comment, I used to shoot a Glock 26 frequently in IDPA. At the kinds of distances you are going to shoot in IDPA the 26 should work just about as well as the 19. Personally, I shoot them both about the same. My reloads are about a half second slower with the 26 because the magazines are so short that I can struggle if I try to go too fast.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why not stay with Sig and get a P250 Sub compact or Compact....Very nice trigger and DAO. I'm not anti glock....am pro Sig.
I do ok with DAO, but I shot a guys Walther ppq at the range and it was so much easier to shoot accurately. I'd rather like a lighter trigger i think than the DAO offers.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
I carry the G19 without printing, and I'm 5'11 @ 205. I carry it in an INCOG Eclipse IWB holster fitted for the XC1 light. If I carry shirt untucked, which is most of the time, I carry at the 12 to 12.5 with loose fitting shirts and there is no printing unless you're in high wind. If I'm carrying tucked then I usually carry at the 3 or 4 and just blouse the shirt a bit. No printing at all. If you carry the G26 with the flush magazine there will be even less of an opportunity to print, but if you carry the extended mags then you might as well carry the 19 b/c it will be about the same length. Why give up the three extra rounds just so you can carry a 26?

Either way, you can carry the G17 mags for back up, and either gun will serve you extremely well. Then only real advantage to carrying the 26; however, will be weight, and if you're carrying it all day you may want to consider that. Then, of course, there is the option of cutting your 19 down to a 26 grip. I've seen people buy the grip extensions that make it a 19 length grip, but you have the option of using a 26 mag with the sight radius of a 19, plus the extra barrel for better powder burn. Something to consider. Personally, I think the 19 gives you more options, but either will be fine.

Reactions: dsm1217
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.