SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been doing some shopping around for 10mm ammo to feed the new P220 Elite SAO 10mm. I really like the SIG Elite ammo as it seems stellar and fairly hot, but at $26/box it is kinda steep;)! Can buy S&B for about $18/box shipped. Not as hot, about 85fps slower according to specs, but much more affordable. Does anyone have any experience with this ammo?

Thanks for any feedback.

· Registered
932 Posts
I've shot over a thousand rounds of it in 45acp and 9mm. It all went bang and was not too dirty (I wouldn't call it clean but not too dirty.)

I don't have any 10mm guns but suppose it should function as well as what I've shot.

I reload now but if I was needing factory loads I wouldn't hesitate to buy S&B.

HTH

Reactions: JimLob65

· Registered
94 Posts
You sound like me. I'm running SIG Elite in my Delta Elite. I just bought a couple of boxes of S&B online at $15 a box. At that low price I'm willing to take a chance. Just do it. We'll compare performance when they come in.

· Registered
200 Posts
I reload my 10mm. The round was designed around a 200 grain bullet. And only Double Tapp and Buffalo load them to Norma standards.

I've found the Serbian ammo, Prvi Partizan, to be plenty hot.

Sellier & Bellot has barely been to NATO standards for their other ammo.

Do you want 10mm the way it was designed? Big and hot?

Sonner or later, please get into reloading.

You can design your own rounds - 135 155 165 180 200:D

· Registered
62 Posts
Jim, I have a bunch of the S&B 10mm 180gr. It's the most affordable range ammo I can find. It's kind of mild, but hotter than American Eagle, which is weak. The S&B doesn't really leave any more carbon than other stuff I've fired, but leaves a ton of brass flakes. That's OK, just adds to my flakyness! I'll definitely buy it again.

Here is a short speed test by 'Buffman' of the S&B 180gr 10mm:

https://youtu.be/YBDS-KMDHyU

· Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jim, I have a bunch of the S&B 10mm 180gr. It's the most affordable range ammo I can find. It's kind of mild, but hotter than American Eagle, which is weak. The S&B doesn't really leave any more carbon than other stuff I've fired, but leaves a ton of brass flakes. That's OK, just adds to my flakyness! I'll definitely buy it again.

Here is a short speed test by 'Buffman' of the S&B 180gr 10mm:

https://youtu.be/YBDS-KMDHyU
Thanks for the information. I will have to try some next time I buy.

· Registered
1 Posts
Have been doing some shopping around for 10mm ammo to feed the new P220 Elite SAO 10mm. I really like the SIG Elite ammo as it seems stellar and fairly hot, but at $26/box it is kinda steep;)! Can buy S&B for about $18/box shipped. Not as hot, about 85fps slower according to specs, but much more affordable. Does anyone have any experience with this ammo?

Thanks for any feedback.
Yes, very good results. I buy when I can, and also like their 9mm fmj........................jim

· Registered
102 Posts
Old thread, ... but I tried S&B’s 10mm ammo, the 180grn FMJ. While affordable, it’s yet another .40-level load masquerading as “10mm” on the box-flap. 1150-60-ish fps. :rolleyes:

Happily, I also tried Fiocchi’s entry into the market of ubiquitous 180grn 10mm range ammo. This one gives you the same-weight bullet @ 1250fps, or seemingly even a tad hotter. Not a max load for that weight (i.e., 1300-1350fps), but definitely not 40-level either.

Like the Sig or MagTech 180grn loads @ 1250+fps (upper mid-range velocity), it’s proper 10mm practice/training ammo if you don’t reload.

Fiocchi 10mm = Recommended. (y)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.