SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It seemed pretty foolproof, modules snap in and out like legos, but I'm wondering if there's a way to get it in there incorrectly for it to seemingly function, until it explodes in my hand on the first round.

I just don't remember being able to see the casing through this gap before, but don't guess I ever had reason to scrutinize it as closely as I am now.

So stop what I'm doing and take it to a pro, instead of to the range this morning

After discovering how well it shot just how it came with the normal grip, I regretted having ordered the XL grip and mags preemptively, but since they were already incoming figured might as well try it. Should have just left well enough alone. I don't want to be another infamous Allen Bundy guy here

·
Registered
301 Posts
you should be able to see the case through that gap, there's very little that could go wrong in a grip swap on a P365, and nothing that can blow up your gun.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
While I wont go so far to say it wont blow up in your hand next I will say it wont be because of that lol

Rectangle Automotive exterior Bumper Office equipment Font

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay knew there was a chance that would be a laughable concern, that sig wouldn't make a user swappable system that you could mess up and create a danger. I greatly appreciate the reassurance.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The only real issue with swapping FCUs is parts like the trigger bar tend to dislodge or even fall out if the unit is handled roughly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was so surprised at how accurately the P365 shot with even its flush 10 round mag, I figured it could only get better with the full grip. The only improvement with that today though for me was easier mag changes. In fact was actually a little better with the short grip somehow.

Just hate to go back to it. Swapping to this full grip vs. applying grip pressure to mag extensions was a huge selling point over the competition.

at least it didn't explode on me :D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I did the same thing and was very satisfied with the results - much better grip with the longer XL module.
The next thing you might consider is a larger magazine release button...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I did the same thing and was very satisfied with the results - much better grip with the longer XL module.
The next thing you might consider is a larger magazine release button...
I'm interested anyway, but I do seem to be able to reach it okay. My issue is avoiding applying pressure directly opposite, where it pops out, keeping the mag from dropping. Don't guess an extended button will help with that will it?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Just don't lose the pin! (Ask me how I know.)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yeah, I have been back and forth with the X grip and am currently settled in on the short grip. I have a Magguts kit in the 10rd mag giving me 12+1. If I want anything bigger, I usually lean towards grabbing my G32.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Don't let the takedown lever come loose while the FCU is out, a bit easy to do and a pain to get back correctly the first time. That's really it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My only issue with taking the FCU out was when I put it back in and pushed in the pin it moved slightly after shooting. I wouldn’t say it walked out as it seems securely in place but it definitely drifted. I changed out the C-clip retainer as I thought that might have been why but didn’t change it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts