SIG Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Echo 1, thermal sight, for those that don't know. Anybody else have one? How do you like it?

My first impressions is, I don't know, lol. Usually when I get an optic I'm pretty quick to say, useless..... or, hell yeah, I can use this. This thing has me kind of stumped. It's for sure a true 1x, which gives it nice FOV starting at aBout 40 yds, which is wierd since Sig claims a 4 degree FOV?

Using it during the day as they claim? Na, like most thermals, it's just not sensitive enough to make the difference between sun on grass and bushes to animals. If you know the animals there, maybe..... like if he's hiding behind bushes but you know he's there.

I was worried about back lighting my face at night. In a dark room I checked, on lowest setting not that bad, but still there. Although my Flir Mate 240 is the same, shoots light out of the eye piece. And my little Leupold Tracker.... that literally is a flashlight!! (in fact I'm looking for a tinted light cover for it).

So does anybody here use one? Returned one? I'm thinking of going Pulsar, something about that picture in picure just turns me on!! I'm a big FOV guy, Im not confident enough to suck my eye sight onto a tunnel, lol. I even shoot scoped both eyes open.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just sent mine back for a look...

Was sighting in the Echo 1 last week on a SIG M400 in 300 BLK. Factory 220gr. ammo. After the first two rounds, the screen froze with black/white vertical lines; joystick unresponsive; removed/replaced batteries and continued... after next couple of rounds, same thing. removed/replace batteries again... noticed batteries were at ~60% charge, so replaced with fresh.

3-5 more rounds, same screen freeze... o.k., I'm done.

The good folks at SIG have already arranged for me to return the unit for a look.

So... stay tuned. Maybe its just a software glitch, a faulty unit, a ghost at my range, or worse - a short circuit between the trigger and the floor... :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.