SIG Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit: The trigger bar was definitely getting hung up on the hammer. Gave everything a good polish and installed a new trigger bar spring. The gun is WC factory action tuned, and everything below happened with the WC trigger bar and the LTT trigger bar. The LTT trigger bar is far superior, and makes the gun that much better. DA is where you’ll notice the difference the most, as well as reset.

Any Beretta 92 variants experience this with their gun? I have a Wilson combat Brig Tac 92G

When i rack the slide, the trigger bar stays down and seems to get hung up by the hammer. I slightly pull the trigger, very audible click appears to be the pop the trigger bar back up. No functionality issues, gun shoots great. Just an odd feeling to have a slight click before a single action trigger pull. I’ve changed the trigger bar spring, and I don’t believe the grips are an issue as well.

Attached a video. Easier to see than explain.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I didn't have that issue but I did replaced my trigger bar on my WC Brig Tac with the LT optimized TB and made a world of difference. Trigger pull and especially the reset were greatly improved. Absolutely worth the cost and would not have a 92 now without that part.

Reactions: Crusader

·
Registered
79 Posts
I didn't have that issue but I did replaced my trigger bar on my WC Brig Tac with the LT optimized TB and made a world of difference. Trigger pull and especially the reset were greatly improved. Absolutely worth the cost and would not have a 92 now without that part.
I have a stock 92 and am very interested in upgrading mine. Can you describe what you are replacing and with what?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed! Actually added one a few months back, it’s even better than the factory action tune.

However I do still have that little hitch. Not as bad as when the factory WC TB was in there though.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have a stock 92 and am very interested in upgrading mine. Can you describe what you are replacing and with what?
Thanks in advance.
I would suggest the TJIB (trigger job in a bag w/ 13#or 14# hammer spring) from LTT . You'll be amazed at what it does to a Beretta action.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I own or have owned several Berettas including a Langdon. I have warmed over a few, and those triggers are sweet. However, I wouldn’t mind a shorter reset, so after some recent research following this thread, I think that I will purchase a couple of the Langdon optimized trigger bars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I own or have owned several Berettas including a Langdon. I have warmed over a few, and those triggers are sweet. However, I wouldn’t mind a shorter reset, so after some recent research following this thread, I think that I will purchase a couple of the Langdon optimized trigger bars.
Its a pretty awesome and noticeable difference with the LTT. Made my action tuned Brig Tac 92g that much better.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Same happens on my M9A1 with the 92X Xtreme trigger and G10 grips.

According to the Langdon website, that slight hitch is the “half cock” notch and is normal.
Can you post a link where he's says that? Was he referring to this specific item?

Looking at mine with the ride side grip off, at full cock the trigger bar is actually resting on the hammer (along the red line). So pushing the bar down rubs enough to hold it there. Once you start pulling the trigger, you pull if off that hammer and it pops back up. You can see it clearly with the grip off, decocked. Now cock the hammer with your thumb. Hammer pushes the trigger bar forward to the SA position.

Bicycle part Auto part Automotive exterior Household hardware Rim

·
Registered
3,585 Posts

Can you post a link where he's says that? Was he referring to this specific item?

Looking at mine with the ride side grip off, at full cock the trigger bar is actually resting on the hammer (along the red line). So pushing the bar down rubs enough to hold it there. Once you start pulling the trigger, you pull if off that hammer and it pops back up. You can see it clearly with the grip off, decocked. Now cock the hammer with your thumb. Hammer pushes the trigger bar forward to the SA position.

View attachment 478848
It’s mentioned at the end of the FAQ’s at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check the clearance between the trigger bar and the right side grip.
But I do believe that was normal. As long as it works fine other wise don't worry about it. It is one of the reasons you can pull trigger faster than the gun will fire. M9/Beretta 92 have a couple of quirks.

Another one is riding the slide forward they can catch a hair short of closing the breach fully and when on safe the hammer can stay back. Without slide fully forward saftey/decocker won't engage frame properly. Still wouldn't fire. Air Force made us reinsert every single M9 in inventory cause some idiot reported it without reading slide was seated properly.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
It’s mentioned at the end of the FAQ’s at the bottom of the page.
Thanks! However I think this is different as this deals with the DA trigger pull not the SA as the OP describes. However, I feel this as well. If you release the trigger once you feel the "hitch" it will stay at half cock.
  • I Installed my OP Trigger Bar and now I feel a 'hitch' in DA? At the very beginning of the trigger pull in DA, the 'hitch' is the half cock notch. All of them do it, this is normal, you may just notice it more because it's actually smoother. You may even hear it, but rest assured, it's normal. It's a safety measure and part of DA/SA operation.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

View attachment 478848
Yup thats exactly what my trigger bar was doing with both my wilson trigger bar and LTT trigger bar.

I managed to just take a little material off the bar and hammer itself and polish everything down…its much better now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is there a point, where taking too much material off, too much polishing, that would affect the firearm?

the gun shoots great etc, it’s just in my head right now.

i had to sand and polish, which seems like a lot, but Mayb not with such fine grit. Off the hammer and the trigger bar. Might have caught a few areas where I don’t need to polish, etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts