SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put a red dot on an early X-Carry that has the Romeo1 slide cut. Is there an alternative to the Romeo1 that doesn't need to have a mounting plate used? I don't want to add any more height than necessary. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Reactions: mig1nc

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll look into that. I didn't think there were options without milling, but thought I would check.

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
The cut has to be milled since the Romeo 1 Pro is longer by about 2-3 mm in the front side. This is due to its “curved” profile whereas the original Romeo 1 is flat (Looking from the top).

Other than dot, the hole pattern is the same. I have both red dots and have done a side by side comparison.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The cut has to be milled since the Romeo 1 Pro is longer by about 2-3 mm in the front side. This is due to its “curved” profile whereas the original Romeo 1 is flat (Looking from the top).

Other than dot, the hole pattern is the same. I have both red dots and have done a side by side comparison.
So you can put an R1 on a slide milled for an R1P?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
So you can put an R1 on a slide milled for an R1P?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. However, you need M4 x .7 x 11mm screws and enlarge (use a 4mm drill bit on a drill press so it won’t wobble) the mounting holes on the Romeo 1 because the slide was tapped for said metric screws. I have installed a couple of Romeo 1s to my friends M17/M18 pistols and I had to do that.

The electronics are far from being damaged in the enlarged hole.

edited to add - use a 4mm drill bit on a drill press

·
Registered
99 Posts

This the Romeo1 on my April 2019 P320 Xcompact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts