SIG Talk banner

Any 1911 or P238 in Oiled Rubbed Bronze finish?

1186 6
Just wondering how is the finish holding up..do you EDC? ...any holster wear?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a Sig P290rs with the ORB finish which is holding up beautifully but I admit the pistol dies not see heavy use. My understanding is the ORB is just a Nitron finish in a different color and should hold up as well as any Nitron finish. I would love a P238 Spartan but haven't been able to get past the fairly recent decision by Sig to keep as many of them as possible for themselves by raising the MSRP to over $1,000. Yow! Shoulda bought one when they were just pricey instead of outrageous! Memory tells me when I was first interested they were selling for something over $200 less than current pricing.

I know, it's only money...lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Sig P290rs with the ORB finish which is holding up beautifully but I admit the pistol dies not see heavy use. My understanding is the ORB is just a Nitron finish in a different color and should hold up as well as any Nitron finish. I would love a P238 Spartan but haven't been able to get past the fairly recent decision by Sig to keep as many of them as possible for themselves by raising the MSRP to over $1,000. Yow! Shoulda bought one when they were just pricey instead of outrageous! Memory tells me when I was first interested they were selling for something over $200 less than current pricing.

Good to know thanks!
Sounds like i got an awesome deal then!.. (got mine for $600 a month ago)....

·
Registered
8 Posts

Perhaps Sig has been trolling the .CA off roster used gun sales there a no ca 238 can go for $700.00. Or a G43 for 750.00

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have the 1911 spartan carry. Bought it used and turned out it was unfired.

I have carried it off an on for the past month with no holster wear. The finish is more like a discolored stainless chemically colored to a burnished broze. The texture is smooth metal not like the p series guns.

Other then changing the grips the gun is stock.

Reactions: Vanelrx
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.