SIG Talk banner
161 - 180 of 216 Posts

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,770 Posts
I second Crem, Its kind of your turn!
Im still waiting on my Springfield so technically I took my turn, andddd I been waitin since Aug 2020
8 months, aaacccckkk

Sometimes I dont know weather to kill myself or go bowling over it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Well, as it happens, I have my 226 competition gun project at Robert Burke's so I've been waiting on it! He also has my 365 for an action job, so, I'm waiting on TWO things! Been there since 2/25, seems like forever - especially the 226 - W. German gun - can't replace it. I hate seeing guns like that travel through the delivery system, I worry like a mother hen until they are back safe.

So there! 😆

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Sounds like a bunch of Bul. No pun intended :love:

Reactions: Heavy Industries

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Quick question..who makes that Kydex holster? Thanks..

Commo

12/21 Designs. MIE Productions holsters also make them.

Reactions: Commo

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
I just ordered one from MIE Productions because I added the Olight PL Mini 2 rail light to my SAS 11 UL and I did not realize I going to do that when I ordered the holster from 12/21 Designs.

Reactions: Commo

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
So I saw this picture on the Bul Armory Facebook page and noticed that the trigger, slide stop and manual safety are all silver. Mine are black. Thinking of changing to the silver. What say you?

570ED009-20A5-454A-A2E7-E86AF39495A7.jpeg

Reactions: George16

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
I heard back from Bul Armory. Apparently, the picture above is a model configuration they offered in early 2020 which is no longer available and they don't sell the parts separately. Furthermore, since these guns are hand fitted they prefer that you don not replace any factor parts.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
I heard back from Bul Armory. Apparently, the picture above is a model configuration they offered in early 2020 which is no longer available and they don't sell the parts separately. Furthermore, since these guns are hand fitted they prefer that you don not replace any factor parts.
That makes sense.
If your set on it tho perhaps an NP3+ treatment from Wright Armory on your controls might be the ticket.
They claim that if you do the complete pistol you no longer need to grease/oil it
I dont have personal experience with it yet but its heavy on my radar.
Also note that it does not change the tolerances of the parts being coated. I believe its .002
I highlighted in red what intrigues me.
Check it out...
From Wrights website...

NP3+® is a surface treatment for steel and metal alloys that combines sub-micron particles of PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), otherwise known as Teflon, with electroless nickel.
NP3+® has all of the advatages of the the original NP3 listed above as well as almost 6x the Corrosion Resistance of the Standard NP3 coating.
  • NP3+ has a micro hardness of 48-51 Rockwell as plated (nickel matrix).
  • NP3+ has a coefficient of friction as low as .07-.1 according to test standards LFW-1 and ASTM D-2714
  • NP3+ has PTFE also known as Teflon® co-deposited in the nickel matrix. As wear occurs new PTFE particles are exposed and the self lubricating properties continue.
  • NP3+ is easy to clean for the same reason that a pan with Teflon® is easy to clean. Teflon® is non-stick and easy to wipe down, therefore carbon does not adhere to the surface.
  • NP3+ Permits firing for longer periods of time between cleaning, as dirt and powder residue has no wet or oily surface to cling to.
  • NP3+ has great corrosion resistance, a 1 mil (.001) coating exceeding a 960 hour salt spray test. Ten times that of Nickel Boron.
  • NP3+ removes the need for lubrication on opposing surfaces.
  • NP3+ has a high lubricity and low friction co-efficient; therefore, the life expectancy of a firearm will be greatly increased due to reduced friction wear.
  • NP3+ plated onto stainless steel guns will prevent galling, a problem common with stainless steel.
  • NP3+ is a satin gray, non-reflective color ideal for all firearms.
  • NP3+ can be plated to all internal parts giving a smoothness to the action not found with any other coating.
  • NP3+ is guaranteed against corrosion, peeling or flaking for the lifetime of the firearm.
NP3+ cannot be applied to Titanium, Scandium or ‘pot metal’. Previously plated surfaces like nickel, hard chrome or anodizing must be stripped prior to plating.

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Very interesting process but I get the feeling that if you mess with anything on these Bul Armory handguns you run the risk of voiding the warranty. Since what I was chasing is purely cosmetic I'm going to stick with what I have and keep my warranty in tack.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Prolly a wise move overall. I am currently trying to figure out how to coat my RMRcc optic body from the standard black to a brushed stainless/aluminum look to match the all stainless pistol.
Cant cerakote because it has to be baked but cant bake the electronics part etc.
If I take it apart void warrenty also.
The 1st company to offer the optic bodies as I described will make a fortune off them I believe.
Im so tired of the matte/satin black the optics all come in but yet matches no black that pistols actually come in lol
Makes my OCD sizzle.

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Prolly a wise move overall. I am currently trying to figure out how to coat my RMRcc optic body from the standard black to a brushed stainless/aluminum look to match the all stainless pistol.
Cant cerakote because it has to be baked but cant bake the electronics part etc.
If I take it apart void warrenty also.
The 1st company to offer the optic bodies as I described will make a fortune off them I believe.
Im so tired of the matte/satin black the optics all come in but yet matches no black that pistols actually come in lol
Makes my OCD sizzle.
That sounds really nice. Hopefully some one will offer it.

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Third trip to the range today. Brought my Caldwell handgun rest. Wound up moving elevation one click down and windage one click to the right. ln other words one click clockwise for elevation and one click counterclockwise for windage. My SAS 11 UL is now dead on. Got to talking to the Range Safety Office about my SAS UL and forgot to take a picture of my target. He's probably going to buy one. Anyway I'm all set now and will add the SAS to my carry rotation. No hiccups by the way it eat everything I fed it. Great little gun.

·
2,770 Posts
Excellent! Gee, one click each - it didn't need much of an adjustment. Very cool.

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Excellent! Gee, one click each - it didn't need much of an adjustment. Very cool.
Yes I was surprised that's all it needed.

·
Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228
613 Posts
It’s a nice looking gun. My LGS has a Cherokee for sale that I tempted to fondle.

The part about “hand fit” and “no replacement parts” is a bit disconcerting, though. That makes you 100% reliant on the company — and that would make me nervous. Especially a company that’s not here in the US. They may have great customer service, but I dislike monopolies.

·
2,770 Posts
It’s a nice looking gun. My LGS has a Cherokee for sale that I tempted to fondle.

The part about “hand fit” and “no replacement parts” is a bit disconcerting, though. That makes you 100% reliant on the company — and that would make me nervous. Especially a company that’s not here in the US. They may have great customer service, but I dislike monopolies.
I hear you and with the climate today, I'm going to take a wait and see approach. There are plenty of US made 1911s that can fit that spot in my safe.

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·

From a functional standpoint there is nothing that needs to be changed. What I was looking at was purely cosmetic and nothing that I need to have. What information I do know about warranty issues has been handled expeditiously and to the customers complete satisfaction. All warranty issues are handled by Bul Armory USA in Miami, Florida. They pay for shipping both ways and fully insure their products during shipping.

·
Registered
82 Posts
nice, I've been considering one since I first heard of them a while back. I have a trusty and reliable STI VIP 2011 and a Para Warthog both in 45 ACP, and this would make a nice 9mm addition for me. I go back and forth on the outlook of service and parts availability for the long term however. I know BUL has been around a while, but hoping this model is a great success and they make more for many years to come. Saw a used one on Gunbroker going for more than the price of new...

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
nice, I've been considering one since I first heard of them a while back. I have a trusty and reliable STI VIP 2011 and a Para Warthog both in 45 ACP, and this would make a nice 9mm addition for me. I go back and forth on the outlook of service and parts availability for the long term however. I know BUL has been around a while, but hoping this model is a great success and they make more for many years to come. Saw a used one on Gunbroker going for more than the price of new...
You won't be disappointed if you get one.

Reactions: mdfd
161 - 180 of 216 Posts