SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am trying to understand the info I have turned up while researching why my gun is hitting so low. From what I understand my Sig was sighted for 25 yds. I really can't see past 10 to 15 yds. At 7yds I'm hitting pretty low. Basically if I was aiming at the neck on a silhouette, the round would hit in the center mass area. The front sight is a #6 and the rear sight is a #8. I typically practice at 7 to 10 yards with a hand gun.
Am I going to have to buy a #8 front sight to bring my shots to hit higher at 10 yds?? I am familiar with "combat hold" but this 320 is soooo much different to shoot than my Glocks or HK.
I'm also trying to understand why the slide is so loose on the frame?
I bought this gun mainly for the trigger but so far I'm having some regrets as I like getting something that works for me right out of the box. Is my sighting problems all stemming from the 25 yd factory set up? By the way this is the 9mm with factory night sights. Thanks

· Registered
1 Posts
I went to a gunsmith and was asking him about re-sighting my new P320 with a similar aiming problem. He said first he needed to check that it wasn't me. He said, "If it is low and to the left it is probably you".

He was correct, it was me.

I flinch when I shoot. I have been practicing (very safely) pulling the trigger in some dry fire exercise. You can be snap caps(?) if you are concerned about dry firing.

Good luck!

· Registered
1,670 Posts
Yeah. Usually the shooter. I dry fire at home and my pistol never moves. I get to the range (with some dummy rounds) and most times when I hit the dummy round my gun drops. Very difficult habit to break. Just got to keep working on it.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to a gunsmith and was asking him about re-sighting my new P320 with a similar aiming problem. He said first he needed to check that it wasn't me. He said, "If it is low and to the left it is probably you".

He was correct, it was me.

I flinch when I shoot. I have been practicing (very safely) pulling the trigger in some dry fire exercise. You can be snap caps(?) if you are concerned about dry firing.

Good luck!
Yep, my first 9mm was the S&W Shield, about 4 years ago and I became quite familiar with the flinch thing except I'm left handed and I was pulling my shots low and right. I still flinch once and a while but not every time. I have to be especially mindful of pulling my shots when shooting short barrel guns like my glock 43 but my"out of the box experience" was better with the 43. The longer barrel and sweet trigger of the 320 gave me expectations of a better out of the box experience than what I got. I saw some improvement after 100 rounds of aiming really high. I would like to have a sight picture that is a little more familiar (at 10yds or less) but I do realize that my guns are all somewhat different and will run differently.

· Premium Member
22,522 Posts
Your sight picture should be as shown in the user manual.
Front dot covers point of impact.
Might verify that you are not placing target on top of front sight.

· Registered
250 Posts
Both of my P320's were hitting way low as well. I benched the pistols to see if it was me or the sights, it was me. With the pistol supported it had a correct combat point of impact which I am not use to. Knowing it was me and not the gun I started concentrating on the trigger pull and brought my groups up to where they are supposed to be. Thing is my other guns I don't have to concentrate on trigger pull. I aim and pull the trigger and the bullets go where I want them to. I think my relationship with the P320 is going to be short lived.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update, I think it's me.....

So I am trying to understand the info I have turned up while researching why my gun is hitting so low. From what I understand my Sig was sighted for 25 yds. I really can't see past 10 to 15 yds. At 7yds I'm hitting pretty low. Basically if I was aiming at the neck on a silhouette, the round would hit in the center mass area. The front sight is a #6 and the rear sight is a #8. I typically practice at 7 to 10 yards with a hand gun.
Am I going to have to buy a #8 front sight to bring my shots to hit higher at 10 yds?? I am familiar with "combat hold" but this 320 is soooo much different to shoot than my Glocks or HK.
I'm also trying to understand why the slide is so loose on the frame?
I bought this gun mainly for the trigger but so far I'm having some regrets as I like getting something that works for me right out of the box. Is my sighting problems all stemming from the 25 yd factory set up? By the way this is the 9mm with factory night sights. Thanks
Ok another hundred rounds today and I think it's mostly me, shaky old man with old eyesight. When I got my Glock 19 a few years ago, I shot it so great right out of the box and I guess I was expecting the same experience. But grip angle, trigger, recoil and sight picture are much different with this Sig compared with my Glock 19. I did much better at the range today. It is a pretty cool gun and I am curious about the sub compact conversion kit.

· Registered
19 Posts
I'm no expect or even a novice but try matching the dot on the front sight with the base of the rear sight, it seems to work for me and my p320c. Also I don't hit the center of the bullseye all the time either. Good luck and keep shooting.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm no expect or even a novice but try matching the dot on the front sight with the base of the rear sight, it seems to work for me and my p320c. Also I don't hit the center of the bullseye all the time either. Good luck and keep shooting.
My goal is to make one perfect hole, dead center and the next 99 rounds going through the same one hole... I'm not asking too much am I ? :rolleyes:

· Registered
6 Posts
Anybody have a loose front sight on the P320?

I have the P320 Carry with the tall sights. My front sight out of the box was not centered which annoyed me greatly (see pics). When I attempted to adjust it, it turns out it was very loose in the dovetail. I could push it with a paperclip, no drift punch required.

Anyone else experience this? I'm not sure whether to ask for a new sight or just use some Loctite Red.

Monocular Cylinder Optical instrument
Room Furniture Wood Table Hardwood

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the P320 Carry with the tall sights. My front sight out of the box was not centered which annoyed me greatly (see pics). When I attempted to adjust it, it turns out it was very loose in the dovetail. I could push it with a paperclip, no drift punch required.

Anyone else experience this? I'm not sure whether to ask for a new sight or just use some Loctite Red.

View attachment 111098 View attachment 111106
If it were me, I'd send it to Sig for warranty repair.

· Registered
6 Posts
If it were me, I'd send it to Sig for warranty repair.
I was tempted, and they did offer. But I didn't want to be without my gun for two weeks.

"We do not sight in our guns at the factory. We test fire them all, but not all of them for accuracy. The sights are windage adjustable. I can set up the gun to come into us for evaluation and we can sight it in here for you. I just need the serial number of the firearm and your information (shipping address). I will email you a pre-paid FedEx shipping label, along with some instructions and we will get that in here, adjusted, and test fired for you."

That was before I discovered it was loose. I guess I will call them to see if they can just send me a new sight or if they think its an improperly milled slide. Still annoyed...:angry:

· Registered
592 Posts
I am not sure why Sig seems to have soo much trouble setting the sights for the 320. My first 320CA came with a 8 front and rear and shot POA/POI perfectly. My newest second 320C came with a 6 front 8 rear, and shot low. I swapped out the front for a Pro Glock ameriglo 8 and it is now dead on, just like my other 320.

My advice is if it shots low, replace front 6 with and 8 and you will be GTG.

If your local, I change it out for you no charge.

TXPO

Reactions: mattkissel88

· Registered
130 Posts
I am not sure why Sig seems to have soo much trouble setting the sights for the 320. My first 320CA came with a 8 front and rear and shot POA/POI perfectly. My newest second 320C came with a 6 front 8 rear, and shot low. I swapped out the front for a Pro Glock ameriglo 8 and it is now dead on, just like my other 320.

My advice is if it shots low, replace front 6 with and 8 and you will be GTG.

If your local, I change it out for you no charge.

TXPO
Anyone know what a sig light front sight costs? I'm shooting consistently low and I'm usually a pretty good shot with a pistol. How do you tell which size sights you have? Don't know too much about this stuff, I work on cars not guns.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

· Registered
34 Posts
Anyone know what a sig light front sight costs? I'm shooting consistently low and I'm usually a pretty good shot with a pistol. How do you tell which size sights you have? Don't know too much about this stuff, I work on cars not guns.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Not sure what a sig front sight cost but an ameriglo or similar night sight is around 75

You should be able to just look to the left on the front sight and there will be a number, ie usually 6 or 8 from what I'm reading. I'm a wrench turner as well but this will be my first go at doing some work on firearms

· Registered
197 Posts
I wonder what the #6 & #8 are in actual height? I'd like to replace my #6 with something lower, but don't know what size ranges we're looking at here. (?)

· Registered
9 Posts

Good luck!
A suggestion from a very new guy here. Get some one to run ball and dummy drills with you. It will give you instant feedback on what you may be doing incorrectly. When you dry fire, for example at home, your brain really know there won't be a round fired. With ball and dummy when you pull the trigger on a dummy round all the movement caused from anticipating the shot is immediately apparent. Hope this may help.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.