SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the interest generated here recently on the P239, has had me looking. I know that I passed one up back in the later '90s, for a P225, which I still enjoy, and carry the majority of the time. Went out today, looked at a couple of P239s, and one of them followed me home. A #239-40-B...

Today it looks a little "Plain Jane" or "run of the mill", but hopefully that will change here in the next few weeks. In the meantime I've got some .40 to burn up, and break it in!

I'm guessing of course it will get the SRT Kit, the Sig Lites, and of course a pair of G-10s, which I think will be Black Checkered.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Congrats on your P239!!
It's nice that you got your P225 a lil sister. ;)
The P239 is so awesome that my wife hardly let me shoot hers.
Guess I have to get me one too.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
I know the feeling. I wasn't really looking for one, but reading on here got my interest up. Next thing I knew one arrived at my FFL that I had nothing to do with ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Another mouth I would willing feed LOL. They are great guns and I love mine. Just put some G10 checkered grips on and need to go shoot it.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
"Another mouth to feed", ha! I wouldn't normally say this but that a good problem! Lol

Congrats on the 239! I see one in my future as well ;)

·
11,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wish I knew someone who has one.
I'd love to try it out

...pop a few caps
If you ever make it to Evansville, Indiana... it could be arranged... but I don't make road trips to California any longer!

·
11,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's taken a few days, but the new P239 received new Checkered G-10s, and a set of Siglites installed. A Short Reset Trigger kit, is also on the way

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
The title of this post is GREATNESS. I am lucky enough to have a girlfriend that partially understands my addiction to firearms... I have recently converted to Sig, because of her. For my birthday she got me a NIB P239 Scorpion in .357Sig... HANDS DOWN one of my favorite pistols I have ever owned. I got lucky a few weeks after and got a great deal on a very lightly used P226 Legion in .357 and although I do love it as well, the 239 Scorpion is my favorite Sig I own as of now. I got her a 238 Extreme and was blown away at how accurate that little sucker was!!! I've always had a 42 & 43 model Glock for CC but I'm thinking a P938 Scorpion is in my near future. Although it's tough being on this forum!! Thanks to all of you guys I now want to send in the 239 Scorpion and 226 Legion into Robert at Sig and have him doll them up a bit. I honestly don't know how much you could improve on the 239 but I do want some trigger work, slide cut for Leupold Delta, and maybe ramp polish on the Legion. I love the gun but I have not got used to the trigger. Odd, I know.. but the factory SRT on the 239 just make the gun feel like an extension of your arm!!! I hope you're as pleased with your 239 as I am! Now if you jerks would just stop talking about the 225-A1 and the 220 Legion!!!! Haha I'm dying! I never knew why there were so many "Sig guys" until now... They're great pistols.

·
11,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
STEVO... that's what happens when the "Signess" gets you... there is no end to the possibilities!!! Welcome to Sig Talk, from the southwest corner of Indiana, and try to "Pace" yourself... it appears your girlfriend may be an "enabler", but we can't fault her for that!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have my second p239 on layaway... Probably get it out of jail in a month or so.
My wife commandeered my first one after her first time shooting it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts