SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Another Legion...

3K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  Nontypical 
#1 ·
I picked up a P229 Legion a few weeks ago and totally fell in love with it. So much that I’m getting rid of my P320 X5. In place of it, I found another P229 Legion, but this time I got the LE version in black. Both are DA/SA. I’m probably nuts for having 2 of the same gun, but sometimes 1 just isn’t enough. Lol. They have been very hard to locate, but there were some that showed up this week and I was fortunate enough to grab one. It hopefully should be here next week sometime. There’s something about hammer fired guns and the striker fired just didn’t do it for me.

#28 ·
When I talked to Sig on another matter a week or so back they implied they were not shipping out of state to FFL from their ProShop. They were saving what they had through the ProShop for local,purchase. I assume that means you need to be New Hampshire resident to buy on walk-in basis. I also found this to be the case at a Salt Lake City Utah gun store. You’d think they’d sell and ship, via FFL transfer, to a ”friendly” next door in Wyoming. But when I was in the store and saw a P220 Legion 10mm they would not sell and FFL transfer.

#26 ·
I fell for the "Legion" 1 time and got it in a P-229. Horrible trigger and was super disappointed. Called Robert and he was surprised. I think he thought I did not know what I was talking about. Long story short I sent it off. I got a call back from him when it arrived and he confirmed my opinion. I in turn had him do his magic with a carry style. I could not be more pleased. I am going to send in a new P229 elite that I have and get the same magic performed. I also have a "old" 229 that went back home about 10- 12 years ago and had them do their "Enhancement" and install "seeing eye dog" sights on it. That trigger is as smooth as Robert's and the same pull weight and SRT. Robert likes his SRT over SIGS, I think he has a safety issue with SIGS. Been too long ago since I talked to him.As far as I concerned I take his word as gospel along with "BUMPER's" and FIJIE's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.