SIG Talk banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

馃帠USAF Retired
I've already ordered a new set of the Hogue G10 checkered grips. Now, to find a good IWB holster.
Congratulations on your new acquisition. I think you'll like the checkered G-10s over the Piranha grips. Look at the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck holster for the P239; that's the holster I have and I'm very satisfied with it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Congratulations on your new acquisition. I think you'll like the checkered G-10s over the Piranha grips. Look at the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck holster for the P239; that's the holster I have and I'm very satisfied with it.
I have a couple alien gears for other pistols and really like them- they are the shape shifter model but the basic construction looks the same as the cloak just without the swappable components. Thank you for the recommendation!

Registered
I have to ask, why the rounded trigger guard on these? It reminds me of the more recent P320 subcompact with the round trigger guard.
I always took it to be an evolution of the P230/P232 design (which also takes cues from the Walther PP). Maybe the P320 subcompact grip used the same swoop to try and get P239 owners to buy or upgrade to a P320??

Resident Armorer Premium Member
Now, to find a good IWB holster...I think upgrading the sights can wait for a bit.
This is the Galco Summer Comfort, #SUM296B I have for one of mine,

Handgun holster Wood Personal protective equipment Font Fashion accessory

Reactions: hauki and jpfrog

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I always took it to be an evolution of the P230/P232 design (which also takes cues from the Walther PP). Maybe the P320 subcompact grip used the same swoop to try and get P239 owners to buy or upgrade to a P320??
I had a subcompact grip for my 320, and the shape and feel were very similar. I just preferred being able to put my thumb on the hammer when holstering so I don't have the 320s anymore (moved them and got a Legion 229)...still think they're great pistols but just weren't quite for me.

Registered
Yes, on GB they are rare and expensive....and most of the ones I've seen have been DAK. They do show up from time to time though, but GB isn't my favorite place due to the fees and risk of scammers. I was lucky to find one at the LGS. Would LOVE to find a DA/SA 357sig, but that's for another day, haha.

Don't give up!
well here's a tease....that's what I have have and it got the SSP and slide refinished when i got it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
well here's a tease....that's what I have have and it got the SSP and slide refinished when i got it.
When did you get it? By SSP, is that the Sig Service Package? I'm thinking of sending mine in but I'm not sure what, if anything, they would replace other than the sights (to Xrays). I want to believe they have a parts bin with P239 parts laying around for people that send in for the service, but I'm not sure if that's logical. It sure would be nice to send it in for a refresh and not have to hunt down new springs, etc.

Registered
When did you get it? By SSP, is that the Sig Service Package? I'm thinking of sending mine in but I'm not sure what, if anything, they would replace other than the sights (to Xrays). I want to believe they have a parts bin with P239 parts laying around for people that send in for the service, but I'm not sure if that's logical. It sure would be nice to send it in for a refresh and not have to hunt down new springs, etc.
Sig does have a parts bin. If you鈥檙e planning on getting X-ray sights send it in. They are included with the SSP.

Remember, keep a stash of the worst parts you can find for every Sig. Rusted springs, bad firing pins, etc. Then install them all before sending your Sig in. They will replace everything with new parts.

Registered
They do replace all springs and return the old ones back to you in a zip loc baggie. I got mine about 2.5 years ago. It was a find in a pawn shop. I don't remember what sights they replace them with. Mine is not accessible at this time so I cant look. Here is the picture when I got it back with the old parts too. Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Luggage and bags

21 - 40 of 44 Posts