SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been wanting a P239 pretty much since joining this forum. Yes, it's discontinued, but yes, it's also still very cool, and great for warmer weather (even though my 365 is also great for that). And when traveling, it fills the gap when I go to states with weird capacity issues. Well, I've been eyeing one at my LGS for the last month or so, and last week I noticed they'd dropped the price on it. Since I didn't have my cash with me, I told them to set it back for me and I'd come back in a week, and today I brought it home.

It came with a spare threaded barrel, which I may not ever use but who knows. Also came with some G10 grips that are extremely comfortable, but I'm not sold on the green color so I put the factory grips back on. I may sell these G10s and get another set- I really like the black regular checkered G10 grips from Hogue. I'm going to look around and see if I can find some "spare parts" to pick up and have on hand, and may also grab some Xray sights. I like the ones that are on my Legion and my 365 and think they'd do nicely on here as well. Will also probably grab a SuperStrut from TSA, and it already has an SRT kit installed, so overall I'm quite happy!
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

· Premium Member
118 Posts
I have been wanting a P239 pretty much since joining this forum. Yes, it's discontinued, but yes, it's also still very cool, and great for warmer weather (even though my 365 is also great for that). And when traveling, it fills the gap when I go to states with weird capacity issues. Well, I've been eyeing one at my LGS for the last month or so, and last week I noticed they'd dropped the price on it. Since I didn't have my cash with me, I told them to set it back for me and I'd come back in a week, and today I brought it home.

It came with a spare threaded barrel, which I may not ever use but who knows. Also came with some G10 grips that are extremely comfortable, but I'm not sold on the green color so I put the factory grips back on. I may sell these G10s and get another set- I really like the black regular checkered G10 grips from Hogue. I'm going to look around and see if I can find some "spare parts" to pick up and have on hand, and may also grab some Xray sights. I like the ones that are on my Legion and my 365 and think they'd do nicely on here as well. Will also probably grab a SuperStrut from TSA, and it already has an SRT kit installed, so overall I'm quite happy!
View attachment 502237
I was looking on Gunbroker for a couple months for one and I just gave up because they are rare and expensive!

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was looking on Gunbroker for a couple months for one and I just gave up because they are rare and expensive!
Yes, on GB they are rare and expensive....and most of the ones I've seen have been DAK. They do show up from time to time though, but GB isn't my favorite place due to the fees and risk of scammers. I was lucky to find one at the LGS. Would LOVE to find a DA/SA 357sig, but that's for another day, haha.

Don't give up!

· Premium Member
118 Posts
Yes, on GB they are rare and expensive....and most of the ones I've seen have been DAK. They do show up from time to time though, but GB isn't my favorite place due to the fees and risk of scammers. I was lucky to find one at the LGS. Would LOVE to find a DA/SA 357sig, but that's for another day, haha.

Don't give up!
I was looking for 9mm which probably made it even more difficult.

· Registered
4,560 Posts

View attachment 502237
Poor baby. You had to wait a whole 6 months to finally get a P239 😆

Congrats. The SRT adds about $50 in value and the grips another $30-50 ish to whatever you paid. Did it come with original box etc?

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,104 Posts
Congratulations! Yes, the Green G-10s would probably look better on a field piece, in my case, it was due to picking up a DAK/DAO pair, and at the time it was either the Green, or Tan G-10 grips

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

I think you will enjoy the addition of the Super Strut with the double action trigger pull.

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Poor baby. You had to wait a whole 6 months to finally get a P239 😆

Congrats. The SRT adds about $50 in value and the grips another $30-50 ish to whatever you paid. Did it come with original box etc?
Came with a Sig box, but I believe it was for a p220. Also came with two 8 round magazines and a 10 round magazine. I've already ordered a new set of the Hogue G10 checkered grips, as well as a SuperStrut and seat for the p239. I am so impatient! Now, to find a good IWB holster...I think upgrading the sights can wait for a bit.

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations! Yes, the Green G-10s would probably look better on a field piece, in my case, it was due to picking up a DAK/DAO pair, and at the time it was either the Green, or Tan G-10 grips

View attachment 502266

I think you will enjoy the addition of the Super Strut with the double action trigger pull.
I'm sure I will enjoy it- already have one on my 229 Legion and Mk25. This forum is full of a bunch of enablers!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts