SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm finally finished with my P365. It took two years to finish, but I'm done.

I've had the slide refinished and top cut.
I've swapped out the compact grip module with a Gray Guns XL grip.
I've swapped out the striker (this is one of the first 1,000 out the door) just to be on the safe side.
I've installed a flat trigger (that was an adventure).
I've run the XL through the ringer and found I can be just as proficient with the standard size P365.

I've got a good holster (LAG Tactical) and if I'm going to do anything else with the P365 it's to try to find an inside-the-waist holster I like.
Otherwise, outside putting more rounds down range I'm done.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I really want to install a flat trigger, but it looks more difficult than on my P320.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really want to install a flat trigger, but it looks more difficult than on my P320.

Swapping out the P320 trigger is a bit of a cakewalk compared to working on the P365.

As nerve-racking as it is, if you watch the Youtube video about half a dozen times and then play it as you do the actual work, it takes a lot of the stress out of things.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Swapping out the P320 trigger is a bit of a cakewalk compared to working on the P365.

As nerve-racking as it is, if you watch the Youtube video about half a dozen times and then play it as you do the actual work, it takes a lot of the stress out of things.
Which video is your favorite?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks like a nice build.

I went through the P365 armorer's course and still refuse to work on mine - it's the most service-hostile pistol I own. Of course, i'm not the most mechanically inclined person, and have fingers the size of bratwurst, so that doesn't help.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,159 Posts
Very nice. Congrats.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It definitely is but certainly doable. I did flat triggers for my P320 and my P365 and the P320 was stupid easy. The P365 is a little harder but not too bad if you follow the sig sauer guy's video. Just make sure you watch it all the way through first. I added 20 extra minutes to my install screwing something up that he warned me about. Luckily he had a second video for that :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Now you can take her down off the lift and go have some fun. Nice upgrades. Give us an update after a couple of 1,000 rounds

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
It definitely is but certainly doable. I did flat triggers for my P320 and my P365 and the P320 was stupid easy. The P365 is a little harder but not too bad if you follow the sig sauer guy's video. Just make sure you watch it all the way through first. I added 20 extra minutes to my install screwing something up that he warned me about. Luckily he had a second video for that :)
Uh oh. "Stupid easy" is not how I'd describe the P320 trigger swap. I watched SS guy do it several times and I managed to do it without too much trouble, but I sweated through the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Looks like a nice build.

I went through the P365 armorer's course and still refuse to work on mine - it's the most service-hostile pistol I own. Of course, i'm not the most mechanically inclined person, and have fingers the size of bratwurst, so that doesn't help.
That's sorta encouraging (she wrote with her non-bratwurst fingers and mechanically inclined brain.)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Uh oh. "Stupid easy" is not how I'd describe the P320 trigger swap. I watched SS guy do it several times and I managed to do it without too much trouble, but I sweated through the whole thing.
I guess you are right. It AR-15 trigger replacement would probably better fit in the category of "stupid easy". The P320 was a little more difficult but not nearly as frustrating as the P365 and doing that "walk around" disassemble of the FCU components to get the trigger off.

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
I used this video step by step while installing my Trigger.

First off watch the video a few times to understand what you are going to do.
Harbor Freight has the 90 degree pick and a punch set.

Then when ready..

Watch the first step in the video pause it and then DO the first step..
Watch the Second Step in the video ..pause it and DO it etc..etc..etc..
Take your time and it will go fine.

You do not need to remove the Slide Stop..
I did and discovered afterwards that you can just leave it alone!
Sig Sauer Guy does not remove it in this video but I have seen other videos such as the Grey Guns Trigger install video where the Slide Stop is removed.
You do not have too...One less thing to deal with.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm finally finished with my P365. It took two years to finish, but I'm done.

I've had the slide refinished and top cut.
I've swapped out the compact grip module with a Gray Guns XL grip.
I've swapped out the striker (this is one of the first 1,000 out the door) just to be on the safe side.
I've installed a flat trigger (that was an adventure).
I've run the XL through the ringer and found I can be just as proficient with the standard size P365.

I've got a good holster (LAG Tactical) and if I'm going to do anything else with the P365 it's to try to find an inside-the-waist holster I like.
Otherwise, outside putting more rounds down range I'm done.

I have a Black Arch Protos IWB
That I have found to be very comfortable and it has a 3/4 kydex shell and wraps the trigger fully, Great Retention from a hybrid.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I was just about to buy the flat trigger and saw this review. Anyone have this problem?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts