SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I second the no steel choice. If I was shooting a bloc military gun sure, but I've seen too many broken extractors with steel cases.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I NEVER run steel through my guns. But that’s just me.
Add me to this list + many local ranges will not allow steel.
Not sure if that's because of constant malfunctions or because it makes it harder for them the reclaim the brass or both.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yup they are back, picked up 4 boxes of the Norma on Tuesday, went back today and it was all gone.

Seems the academy around me has deliveries on Monday and Tuesdays.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My local range does not even allow steel case ammo. They check all of your ammo to ensure it is not steel, before they let you on the range.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Got a “back in stock” notice from Sig for 45 ACP FMJ $25 for 50. Bought 5(limit) boxes $134 shipped.
Yeah me too ... I jumped on the 5 box limit. I've got a couple of 1911s that are feeling neglected ... can't have that.

Reactions: Taskotzke59

·
Registered
456 Posts
Was at my LGS/range today, and the only 9mm they had was Turkish brass-plated steel cased stuff. They were real proud of it at $28 per box. I’m not that needy yet.

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
I've been picking up my 4 box limits at academy for a little while, as well as another LGS. Stock has been steady but they are limiting buyers to 200 or 400 rounds depending on the ammo.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I used the Russian steel case for range over the last few months, no real complaints, had 3 out of 1000 light primer strikes. Seemed to work fine and I probably paid too much for it several months ago, Russian was the only under 50 cents per round option

Reactions: Scarrier

·
Registered
25 Posts
No to steel. Price isn't great considering.

You have been able to buy the Norma for online for awhile now and have it shipped for free. I don't have any luck finding 9mm brass at my local Academy stores at a decent price.

·
Registered
47 Posts
just bought 3 boxes of 9mm brass case blazer from Academy for 18.99/box and 1 box of federal for 17.99/box. Had a bunch of Blazer on the shelf.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Had a few .223 steel rounds and shot them up. Haven't bought any since.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've successfully shot Russian steel cased ammo in the past. I still have some steel cased .308 Win and .223 Rem from the previous ammo shortage.

I'm surprised to see Russian ammo on the shelves. I had read that Creepy Joe and his cohorts had stopped those imports.
Hey..
Just stop by Academy sport and saw they have plenty of 9mm.
Did you all have experiences of steel cases from Russia?
$16.99 is not bad at all !!
I will try 2 boxes see how it goes ..

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
My Academy was pretty well stocked on 9mm, 40 and 223, 556 today. Still no 357sig or 45acp. I grabbed my boxes since I've been shooting more and putting a dent in the stash. As a side note, I love these small Norma boxes.

Brown Publication Font Material property Tints and shades

1 - 20 of 22 Posts