SIG Talk banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
As long as every 1000 rounds case of 9mm on GB sells at $600-$700 plus tax and shipping prices won’t be dropping. The market is eating up .70 rounds of 9mm ammo as fast as it is listed. Only good news is that it was .80 to $1 a couple of months ago.
I agree, that is still driving a lot of the market, and the hoarding mentality. We got 1000 rounds of Win White Box 115gr range ammo from Bass Pro today for $380, including taxes. So 38 cents a round. They had a lot of 9mm today, mostly Herter's (16.99 per 50 before tax). So still a little pricey compared to what it was, but if those prices continue, it should collapse the GB price gouging stuff pretty soon.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Went to my LGS/range today. They were proud to announce that they had 9mm FMJ in stock for the first time in six months! Real proud. They wanted $48 for 50 rds, some off-brand I’ve never seen. I said “no thanks”.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
My LGS reduced prices, with much fanfare, on their Sterling brand 9mm to about $35/50. Based on reviews, I won't buy Sterling at any price..

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
My LGS reduced prices, with much fanfare, on their Sterling brand 9mm to about $35/50. Based on reviews, I won't buy Sterling at any price..
$35.00 for reloaded 9MM is reduced? 😱
They were charging more at some point? That's 🥶

Reactions: Andy105

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
My Club / Range is rinning a members’ special on Sterling Cross Shooter Brand 9mm 115gr range ammo - $600/1000 bulk pack. They have 100 cases. It isn’t flying off the floor. I figured I’d try it but after reading recent posts maybe I won’t. Could I just plink with it? Such a newb.

I believe the mfg, is Turkish owned, located in BC, Canada.

Reactions: movesig and BWepps

·
Premium Member
11,949 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am in Free Illinois on the Indiana border and at the box stores we are paying between $17 and $18 for 9mm federal and blazer 50 rounds. $27 for federal or blazer 45ACP. Truck comes every two weeks 2 box limit per day. Saw 38 special Friday for the first time in a long time. Federal 158 grain FMJ $22 for 50 rounds. Also Hornady critical defense 125 grain 357 has been $17 for boxes of 25. Unfortunately the LGS wants $41 for 9mm and 45ACP so I will not buy it from them.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
My Club / Range is rinning a members’ special on Sterling Cross Shooter Brand 9mm 115gr range ammo - $600/1000 bulk pack. They have 100 cases. It isn’t flying off the floor. I figured I’d try it but after reading recent posts maybe I won’t. Could I just plink with it? Such a newb.

I believe the mfg, is Turkish owned, located in BC, Canada.
Given some of the feedback on it, I wouldn't use it for anything. I'd give it more time on the market before taking a chance on it.

Was in Toledo, OH over the weekend and a store in that area had cases and cases of 1000 9mm 115gr range stuff, but it's "remanufactured" by Midwest (not familiar with them). $600 a case, so certainly no bargain. $100 for a 500 bulk pack of .22LR, Thunderbolt I believe. So a store for the desperate. Tower Armory, or something like that.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Given some of the feedback on it, I wouldn't use it for anything. I'd give it more time on the market before taking a chance on it.

Was in Toledo, OH over the weekend and a store in that area had cases and cases of 1000 9mm 115gr range stuff, but it's "remanufactured" by Midwest (not familiar with them). $600 a case, so certainly no bargain. $100 for a 500 bulk pack of .22LR, Thunderbolt I believe. So a store for the desperate. Tower Armory, or something like that.
There are two Sterling 9mm 115 products out there, new and remanufactured. My range/LGS claims to have randomly tested the new variety with no issues.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Visiting with my brother-in-law, who works at a gun shop an hour away from me. I asked him about 9mm range ammo in stock, and he got me these. $114 for 400 rds ($.28 cpr) 115gr FMC brass cased Winchester. Glad I didn’t pay my LGS crazy prices. Shop around, don’t pay the scalpers.

·
Premium Member
11,949 Posts
Problem is with the impending gas crisis, it may end up costing more to track down deals. It already started to get that way trying to catch Bass Pro when they restocked.

Reactions: Andy105

·
Registered
313 Posts
Problem is with the impending gas crisis, it may end up costing more to track down deals. It already started to get that way trying to catch Bass Pro when they restocked.
So true. No BassPro close to me, and it would cost too much to drive there at sunrise every day, on an iffy chance to catch a deal. Fuel prices are sure to effect shipping prices for online sales, as well, even if ammo stock levels improve.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Things are looking up! For the last six months, Sportsman’s Outdoor. Superstore has had a selection of 9mm range ammo at the ridiculous price of $1.00 per round. Today, they're selling it for the ridiculous price of 80¢ per round.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you need/want it badly enough, it's nice that it's available at any price...but this offshore emerging brand or reloaded stuff? I wouldn't touch it. I enjoy my face and hands the way they are, thanks.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I agree, that is still driving a lot of the market, and the hoarding mentality. We got 1000 rounds of Win White Box 115gr range ammo from Bass Pro today for $380, including taxes. So 38 cents a round. They had a lot of 9mm today, mostly Herter's (16.99 per 50 before tax). So still a little pricey compared to what it was, but if those prices continue, it should collapse the GB price gouging stuff pretty soon.
Unless legislation drops in to muck with standard economics, prices will trend downward...but slowly, at least if prior panics are any indication. Target shooting enthusiasts who were caught short this time (either due to lack of prep or because they are new to the shooting sports) will start buying by the case when they see good deals in the future. They'll buy their first and feel good...until they see the price fall further, and then they'll buy another. And then repeat. And then they'll start posting threads asking for recommendations for strong shelf units. ;)

Those atypical purchases will continue to drive demand and slow the price decline, but they will decline. Sooner or later supply will exceed demand. When good quality 9mm FMJ is 15cpr delivered again, you'll know we are back, but I bet we are still a couple years out from seeing that.

Of course, if Chairman Xiden and his troops decide to ban all online ammo sales or force them all to go through FFLs, we may never get back there again.

·
Registered
Lots of guns...
95 Posts
My local Atwood's was ridiculously high at 30c per round for brass fmj 9mm two years ago... but they have not increased their prices through all this and have been the cheapest available for over a year now. You can only buy 2 boxes at a time max and have to get there when the truck shows up... but they won't gouge their customers.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I stopped at my LGS/Range last night to shoot a little. I was pleasantly surprised to see 9mm ammo on the shelf. Mostly Blazer FMJ. And a decent amount of it too. The guy at the counter said they've gotten a couple of big shipments in. It's still selling fast, but at least they had some in stock.

Maybe a light at the end of the tunnel? Unless the light I see is actually the Biden/Harris freight train. 😕

101 - 120 of 134 Posts