SIG Talk banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
This was at our Hardware Store this weekend. I hate paying these prices. But it's hard to walk by because I don't know what the future holds...

IMG_2036[1].JPG

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just because store-A is selling it cheaper than store-B doesn’t mean the price isn’t asinine.

When people stop paying asinine prices, prices will fall. Until then, we’re all pretty much boned.

·
Registered
P365, P365 XL, M400 TREAD
35 Posts
I would probably max out there if I was in desperate need or reserves were low. Those are far from terrible prices these days. Hoping for better ammo prices soon!!

·
Premium Member
11,689 Posts
Just because store-A is selling it cheaper than store-B doesn’t mean the price isn’t asinine.

When people stop paying asinine prices, prices will fall. Until then, we’re all pretty much boned.
Problem is that folks know if they refuse to buy, then someone else will and pretty soon they won't find any. That vicious cycle becomes hard to ignore if one feels left behind.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Problem is that folks know if they refuse to buy, then someone else will and pretty soon they won't find any. That vicious cycle becomes hard to ignore if one feels left behind.
I agree, and it’s a large contributing factor to this mess.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quick report, I attended Wed. ammo church service again this week just to check on stock and price. For the 3rd week in a row they have gotten larger shipments in of 32, 9, 40, 357, 223/556 and a bunch of 12Ga. Price for 50rd box of Federal as I posted previously remained unchanged at 21.99 a box pls tx.

I did not buy anything, I purchased 3 boxes the past two weeks and quite frankly 21.99 is till too much!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just a little bit more anecdotal evidence that the panic mania is coming to an end - went to the biggest gun show in the state last weekend - My guess is attendance was down 50%

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I think word is getting out that gun shows are NOT the place to go to buy guns, ammo or supplies. Years ago? Yes. But all my buddies and I just don't go anymore. They are suppose to be a place to find a good deal, but they are largely price gouging these days.

·
Registered
P365, P365 XL, M400 TREAD
35 Posts
The .223 100 round packs were $64.99 and the 5.56 white box and green tip 150 round packs were $89.99.

If you enlarge the picture you can see the prices

·
Premium Member
11,689 Posts
The .223 100 round packs were $64.99 and the 5.56 white box and green tip 150 round packs were $89.99.

If you enlarge the picture you can see the prices
Cool. I'm actually doing good on .223/5.56 but may pick up a couple boxes if my BP has it.

Reactions: Ddeuce22

·
Premium Member
11,689 Posts
This was at our Hardware Store this weekend. I hate paying these prices. But it's hard to walk by because I don't know what the future holds...

View attachment 395838
Actually not bad for .40 these days, but only one box per.

It's like being a drug addict.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vegas here. There's nothing anywhere. Saw a group buy for 9 on here for 1000 rounds for $800...and LOTS of sign ups. I just can't do it. Going to the range is supposed to be fun. I'm not supposed to be worried about hoe much each trigger pull costs for 9mm! But I'm all but out and have shot in months.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just bought 9MM direct from Sig
at a decent price - If you want good carry stuff they have it in stock - for practice cases of Ruskie steel off GB

·
Premium Member
11,689 Posts
Nada at my local Bass Pro today.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yup. You’re missing the fact that there’s no hazmat fee for ammo.

Shipping fees are additional though.
Busted ... now you know how much ammo I've bought online recently. None. I guess my confusion stems from years ago when I was buying massive amounts of surplus ammo along with big powder and primer orders at the same time because I wanted to avoid two different hazmat fees. I guess it always stuck in my mind that the hazmat fees applied to the ammo because, well, you know ... the primers and powder. Makes sense right?

Go figure.

I'm getting old.

Thankfully I still have enough old surplus ammo and powder and primers that I'm in pretty good shape in that regard. Funny how that works .... seems in reverse somehow. As they say, youth is wasted on the young, wisdom is wasted on the old.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts