SIG Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that .380 rounds loaded with the Lehigh designed bullet are prone to jam if used in the P238.

Underwood and Lehigh are the two manufactures which I know of.

I like the ballistics tests I see when it is fired from other .380 pistols, but I don't want to toss about $40 bucks away (this is including the shipping costs) for 20 rounds I can't use.

Any pioneers out there?

(Actually the costs would be about $70 because I would buy an extra box of ammo to see how it does).

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've heard that .380 rounds loaded with the Lehigh designed bullet are prone to jam if used in the P238.

Underwood and Lehigh are the two manufactures which I know of.

I like the ballistics tests I see when it is fired from other .380 pistols, but I don't want to toss about $40 bucks away (this is including the shipping costs) for 20 rounds I can't use.

Any pioneers out there?

(Actually the costs would be about $70 because I would buy an extra box of ammo to see how it does).
I've got a few boxes of these on order just to see if they'll run in mine. I don't know how "prone" the p238 is to jamming with these, but there have been some reports that's the case.

Figured what the hell, give em' a shot... if they work, great. I liked the results of the penetration tests I've seen, even if I'm not really sold on the damage they can do. If not, my XTPs won't feel the least bit jealous.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I shot maybe two boxes of the Underwood Xtreme Penetrator, which uses the projectile from Lehigh Defense and did have some jams in my 238. Maybe 1 out of 8 shots. Decided to shoot the rest of the box and not buy them again. Currently using the Sig brand JHP ammo in my 238 and have not had a single failure. Had good success with other brands also. You have to try some different brands and see what works best and shoots best for you. It sometimes depends on you and how you hold/shoot the gun as much as the type of ammo.

Had a 1911 ultra .45 that did not like JHP's that were sharply segmented and looked like a hexagon from the front. They jammed on the feed ramp. It liked JHP's that looked more rounded when viewed from the front.

Either gun would shoot FMJ all day long without any problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts