SIG Talk banner

Ameriglo Hackathorn sights installed P226 stamped

4287 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  dwcopple
Love 'em. Orange outline on front tritium night sight. Plain black serrated rear. Easy install. Nice tight fit, no filing needed. Huge difference in sight acquisition. Anyone else running them?

Reactions: jtdunc and jwperry
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
602 Posts
I have an Trijicon orange front, and looked at the Hack for the rear. However, I was concerned about not being able to work one handed manipulation / demo malfunction clearances with the slope on the rear.

Is it as pronounced as it looks in pictures?

I have a Trijicon rear as well. Blacked out in daylight, but the vials are visible at night / no light.

· Registered
74 Posts
I have an Trijicon orange front, and looked at the Hack for the rear. However, I was concerned about not being able to work one handed manipulation / demo malfunction clearances with the slope on the rear.

Is it as pronounced as it looks in pictures?

I have a Trijicon rear as well. Blacked out in daylight, but the vials are visible at night / no light.
It has an angle to it for sure, but it would be possible for someone to do one handed manipulations with it. This is the only pic of my 228. But it shows the angle.

Attachments

· Registered
6,606 Posts
That rear sight looks kinda funky
It does. I realize what Hackathorn was trying to do, and am sure he succeeded, but you don't need anything that pronounced to accomplish the task.

Clint Smith did a video a ways back showing how to do the same thing with conventional sights in a bunch of different ways so there's no need for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.