SIG Talk banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Remington Ammunition plant is back in business. I saw a post on FB today from Remington ammunition taken last week of fresh ammo about to ship. Maybe that will help some.

Pray and work hard to take back the Senate.

I recently purchased two box or Remington 9mm 115 grain metal jacket 50 cartridges for $18.99 at Sports Academy.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thank God my old department provides all the ammo I need during annual requal. They even give us 50 rounds of duty for our weapons. As long as its a 40, which it is.
Same with my department. My last time qualifying there, I told my range guy that I was using my P365, instead of my .45. He handed me a box of 50 124gr+P HST’s and two boxes of Ranger FMJ 9mm ammo. I almost hugged him

·
Registered
528 Posts
ammo supply won’t be back to where we knew it just a year ago.
with the current admin now setting their sights on us and the supplies we need it’s only going to get worse. Personally I think if you NEED it you better get it if you see it no matter the cost.
That whole mindset is what's driving the shortage and resulting high prices. If only we would all take a deep breath and stop panic-buying for awhile the ammo would come back. It won't as long as the sheer number of people trying to buy it remains so far above the amount of ammo that can be cranked out.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Omg was over at my storage unit and looking for some AR new parts I had stored and came across these 2 boxes Sig Sauer 40s&w 165 gr. JHP $36.99 a box purchased last year maybe June from my LGS......totally forgot I had them and when I bought them I was thinking (these are so expensive). Then I found a whole ammo crate of Blazer 40s&w I'm thinking it's at least 1k rounds.

The older I get I forget what I've purchased and put up so getting old is a B*t*h. I should take it back and resell to LGS.......lol

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Every five years. I'm just a private CCW holder. You're right, Illinois requirements might be the worst in the country. If i wasn't a veteran it would cost me $250 for class then another $150 to state police to issue permit.
All of the big brother states have some awful segment of one type or another. At least neither Illinois or New York have the "special safety" guns like Mass and Cali, but I didn't realize you guys had to qualify with shooting when you renew your license. Do you have to shoot in front of a state cop or similar and if you weren't a Vet, would you have to pay the $250 every time you renew?
It's all just another way to tax the American people and I know this is our way of life, but when it is going to stop over 50% of what we earn going to taxes.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Wow, I had to shoot for the range time but not after being licensed, that sucks,
I think the ammos being made but the sellers with contracts know to sell it on auction sites so it won’t come down till we stop buying

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here in NC there's a 5 year renewal on CCWs, but you only have to demonstrate capability to shoot in class with the instructor...before you get your CCW. It was a couple years ago now, and I "qualified" with 3-5 shots each at 1,3 and 5 yards. Anything longer was optional. And my instructor offered to let me shoot his revolver so he could "testify" that he saw me shoot both my HKP30 and his 38 revolver at all ranges. I think we did some practice shooting at 10 yards.

I feel safer on the street knowing drivers are licensed, I'd feel safer with others carrying concealed if I knew they practiced more (as most everyone here does...).

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Omg was over at my storage unit and looking for some AR new parts I had stored and came across these 2 boxes Sig Sauer 40s&w 165 gr. JHP $36.99 a box purchased last year maybe June from my LGS......totally forgot I had them and when I bought them I was thinking (these are so expensive). Then I found a whole ammo crate of Blazer 40s&w I'm thinking it's at least 1k rounds.

The older I get I forget what I've purchased and put up so getting old is a B*t*h. I should take it back and resell to LGS.......lol

View attachment 387437 View attachment 387438 View attachment 387439
You are so forgetful! You don't remember me asking you to store my ammo for me? Geeez

·
Registered
480 Posts
In NC, you take a concealed carry course which includes qualification. After that, as long as you renew on time every five years, there is no further testing.

I have started supplying .22LR ammo and loaning handguns for my classes when a student can't obtain ammunition.

Until things get back to normal, only buy what you absolutely need. Don't feed the beast. When prices normalize with more average demand in the future, buy up stock for furure shortages. That goes for complete cartridges, as well as components and powder for reloaders. Don't feed the beast...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
i'm sure some people are buying and not shooting but i am actually shooting less because of the cost to replace or the hassle to buy it. unlike most places, we cannot just get lucky and find it in stock and have it shipped to us.

i actually have enough HST that i could shoot it like range ammo, but i would irk me as i typically would just empty my primary hd mag at the end of a range session.

·
Premium Member
10,945 Posts
I might take the plunge and buy another case at $0.75 per....just so I can shoot a few more matches here and there and not dip into my current minimum supply. And then that's it, not more ammo buying until things change for the better. Will end up being abut $550 more than I 'usually' spend, but for one last fix to keep comfortable.....maybe worth it while I still can.

·
Registered
528 Posts
That is a darn shame. We are all Americans with Rights under the 2nd Amendment. There should be no permits even required.
I'm of two minds about that. On one hand you are correct, the right to self defense shouldn't be conditional on getting what amounts to a permission slip from the government. At the same time however, there are people out there who have absolutely no clue how to safely handle the gun they're carrying, let alone shoot it accurately under stress. I wish there was a way to weed out the idiots who make us all look bad while not making it hard for the rest of us. Of course I could apply the exact same analogy to driving.

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,111 Posts
We all probably do. 😂
And we probably know more than the instructor. I sat in on the pistol safety course my wife took to get her license. There was no shooting involved, not even gun handling - illegal in NY unless you have a license to handle a handgun, but I digress. I knew we were in for a long night when the the instructor had a 1911 in his hand and referring to the grip safety, he said, "This is called a dove tail". I looked around quickly to make sure I wasn't mistakenly in a wood working class. lol

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,111 Posts
Remington Ammunition plant is back in business. I saw a post on FB today from Remington ammunition taken last week of fresh ammo about to ship. Maybe that will help some.

Pray and work hard to take back the Senate.
That's great news about Remington. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I'm of two minds about that. On one hand you are correct, the right to self defense shouldn't be conditional on getting what amounts to a permission slip from the government. At the same time however, there are people out there who have absolutely no clue how to safely handle the gun they're carrying, let alone shoot it accurately under stress. I wish there was a way to weed out the idiots who make us all look bad while not making it hard for the rest of us. Of course I could apply the exact same analogy to driving.
That second one, is the “mind” that the anti gunners depend on. On any issue, you will find firm convictions on either end of the spectrum, for or against. Then, you will have the group in the middle, who “see” both sides of the argument. Those with firm convictions either way, attempt to sway a portion of the middle to support their side. That is the very definition of politics.
In any scenario where some “way to weed out” anyone exist, you and I would be giving that weeding job to an unelected/uneducated invisible entity, that in all likelihood is in that job merely because they do not like guns. I, for one, am of one mind. I am not freely giving up any of my rights.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
ammo supply won’t be back to where we knew it just a year ago.
with the current admin now setting their sights on us and the supplies we need it’s only going to get worse. Personally I think if you NEED it you better get it if you see it no matter the cost.
I agree. With the new administration settling in, there is more uncertainty, every day. That drives the demand, and it's far from over. It will be a long time before supply settles down, much less getting back to what it was.

21 - 40 of 100 Posts