SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
10,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read this article in the current issue of American Rifleman and the gist of the article is although there are a few reasons to expect supply to increase in 2021 those who know this market best are forecasting continued shortfalls this year. YUCK!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just got that issue in the mail today and read it an hour ago. Glad I stocked up over the last 3 years before ammo prices went crazy and supply dried up. Oh the good old days (2019), when 5.56 was $0.28/round and 9mm was a whopping $0.17/round. I even have plenty of hunting ammo on hand. Hard to believe .270 or 30.30 would be out of stock.

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,261 Posts
I have to renew my CCW permit and their requiring a box of 50rds for shooting. 9mm ammo is the highest I think I've ever seen it right now.
Hi, how often do you have to renew and who do you have to shoot for, local police? I hit the like on your reply, not because I'm liking your situation, but I'm liking that there are other state licensing requirements out there that are even worse than New York. You know what they say, misery loves company.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi, how often do you have to renew and who do you have to shoot for, local police? I hit the like on your reply, not because I'm liking your situation, but I'm liking that there are other state licensing requirements out there that are even worse than New York. You know what they say, misery loves company.
I guess we are lucky in PA. PA is a “shall issue” state. Permit good for 5 years and costs $20. Apply at local Sheriffs office and they issue it with a big smile.

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,261 Posts
No training or shooting requirements. No wait times.
Very cool, it is much better than New York - that's not very hard, but it looks like Illinois has a wrinkle in their law that is worse than New York. Makes me morbidly curious.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Every five years. I'm just a private CCW holder. You're right, Illinois requirements might be the worst in the country. If i wasn't a veteran it would cost me $250 for class then another $150 to state police to issue permit.

·
Registered
256 Posts
S
Every five years. I'm just a private CCW holder. You're right, Illinois requirements might be the worst in the country. If i wasn't a veteran it would cost me $250 for class then another $150 to state police to issue permit.
That is a darn shame. We are all Americans with Rights under the 2nd Amendment. There should be no permits even required.

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,261 Posts
All of the big brother states have some awful segment of one type or another. At least neither Illinois or New York have the "special safety" guns like Mass and Cali, but I didn't realize you guys had to qualify with shooting when you renew your license. Do you have to shoot in front of a state cop or similar and if you weren't a Vet, would you have to pay the $250 every time you renew?

·
Registered
21,842 Posts
Remington Ammunition plant is back in business. I saw a post on FB today from Remington ammunition taken last week of fresh ammo about to ship. Maybe that will help some.

Pray and work hard to take back the Senate.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts