SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have identical P320 XCompact pistols. The idea being that all of our training and muscle memory work is still valid regardless of which of our two guns we're using in a self-defense emergency.

Problem is, she's a lefty (I love her anyway), and I'm a righty. Actually she's closer to fully ambidextrous, but she's a particularly great shooter from the left side.

So, we're looking for aftermarket ambidextrous magazine release buttons that we can put on both guns.

I have read that the original P320 geometry is different than the X models in this regard, so ambidextrous buttons for P320 Compact/Carry/Full will not work.

Can anyone help us with a vendor?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I don't believe that this is possible. If this is a serious issue, I would highly consider looking into the HK VP9. Or any other the other HK variants that utilize the paddle magazine release.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You may consider one of you running the magazine release on the "wrong" side, and the other learning to use it that way.

I'm a righty, but have the magazine releases on my 320's on the right side of the frame, so I can use why strong hand trigger, or middle finger to push the release.

I do this because I've been an HK shooter for a long time, and thats how I run the paddle release. If I used my thumb, I'd have to shift the pistol in my hand to reach the release.

Honestly, after using the paddle release for a couple of decades, I think it's vastly superior to the button.

·
Premium Member
2,794 Posts
I have never seen one and I don't expect to..
Plus it being a very individual request I do not see a aftermarket vendor putting any time or $$ into making something that the masses do not want....
Just no Profit in it.
Mostly your a Lefty or a Righty!

The most we have seen in the aftermarket Mag Release arena is a longer extension / different surface or both.

·
Registered
916 Posts
You may consider one of you running the magazine release on the "wrong" side, and the other learning to use it that way.

I'm a righty, but have the magazine releases on my 320's on the right side of the frame, so I can use why strong hand trigger, or middle finger to push the release.

I do this because I've been an HK shooter for a long time, and thats how I run the paddle release. If I used my thumb, I'd have to shift the pistol in my hand to reach the release.

Honestly, after using the paddle release for a couple of decades, I think it's vastly superior to the button.
Your right on!! HK’s and their paddle magazine releases are truly far superior!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
In the Academy we just trained left handed shooters to use their trigger finger to depress the release, and it worked fine. Once they got the hang of it they were just as fast, if not faster than the right handed shooters who had to adjust their grip to get on the release.

This was on Classic P-Series SIGs, but the same concept should apply to the P320.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts