SIG Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that not everyone likes an ambi mag release. I do, and a lot of manufacturers these days are making their pistols with this feature. Perhaps Sig has a unique opportunity here with their modular system grip modules: grip options with ambi mag buttons (both sides). The best of both worlds making the most versatile pistol available even more so. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually I agree with you. Sig had a great opportunity with the modular system and they have dropped the ball. They could provide different parts to cover lefties or ambidextrous even if as an option or build from scratch gun. Even glocks that are not modular you can modified them past the original vendor intention due to the vast amount of third party parts. But what Sig provide is no more than color skins. And the other manufacturers that took the modular approach didn’t even took off.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I realize that not everyone likes an ambi mag release. I do, and a lot of manufacturers these days are making their pistols with this feature. Perhaps Sig has a unique opportunity here with their modular system grip modules: grip options with ambi mag buttons (both sides). The best of both worlds making the most versatile pistol available even more so. Thoughts?
As a lefty shooter I agree it's great to have options. It's nice that many of today's models allow the mag release to be switched to the other side. But after shooting RH configured guns for over 30 years, I'm not sure if at this point in my life I would change to LH controls. The only firearm I have, that I bought specifically with LH controls, is my Remington 700. I was not interested in learning to work a RH bolt action. 🙂

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.