SIG Talk banner

Am I the only one having trouble accurately shooting the p365 series?

3695 88
Am I the only one having a difficult time with accuracy with the 365 series?
I have the 365, the 365X, the 365 XL, and the 365 macro, and I just shoot low no matter which one it is.
I don’t have that problem with my P320 scorpion, my P320X carry, my PPQ M2,WC Experior Compact, I just don’t get it. With all of these others on the range, I shoot the target center out with no problem. But when I put a P365 in my hands I struggle.

They are super comfortable to carry and super reliable, I have not had any problems at all. I want to love them!

Help!

Pete
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have the 365, the 365X, the 365 XL, and the 365 macro, and I just shoot low no matter which one it is.
I don’t have that problem with my P320 scorpion, my P320X carry, my PPQ M2,WC Experior Compact, I just don’t get it. With all of these others on the range, I shoot the target center out with no problem. But when I put a P365 in my hands I struggle.

They are super comfortable to carry and super reliable, I have not had any problems at all. I want to love them!

Help!

Pete
Use combat hold and you won’t shoot low. That’s how these are sighted
Font Circle Parallel Symmetry Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
Variety is what I really enjoy. Sigs being first!
4,711 Posts
How do you line the sights up? Remember Sig sets them up for a “combat” sight picture. Front and rear sights aligned horizontally with the target buried behind the front sight. If you’re consistently shooting low it seems like you may be using a six o’clock alignment with the target on top of the front sight.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do you line the sights up? Remember Sig sets them up for a “combat” sight picture. Front and rear sights aligned horizontally with the target buried behind the front sight. If you’re consistently shooting low it seems like you may be using a six o’clock alignment with the target on top of the front sight.
I believe I am using the combat picture as I do with the p320’s I have.
I am sure my grip is different with the thinner width of the gun…

·
Registered
729 Posts
I am sure my grip is different with the thinner width of the gun…
BINGO! OP - per your own original post, you can shoot the bullseye out with other sig striker fired pistols - but not the 365 series. While you may not notice it, the smaller/thinner 365 may be moving (or your grip is slightly) as you get close to shot break. I don't have a P320, or PPQ, but I'm guessing the length of pull (your trigger finger reach to the trigger) may be slightly different with the larger guns. I'd suggest trying a hogue handall over grip sleeve (link below) before you do anything else (or talon grips which I like better). Goal is to maintain same grip and trigger movement to break the shot. That said, across guns of different sizes, it isn;t always doable. The less variation the more consistent you typically can be. I can switch from the 365 & XL, to CZ P-10 (S or C) with no loss of accuracy. Going to G19 from 365 is a little more challenging (for me anyway) due principally to grip angle and grip shape (grabbing a "2x4"). I can shoot the glock pretty good, but takes a little more concentration (especially as I don;t shoot it as much). Just some other things to consider, and don;t give up

·
Registered
177 Posts

Help!

Pete
Pete,
SIG tests each individual pistol before it leaves the factory. When tested, they must place 5 shots within 3 inches at 25 yards.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would have to ask, how do the groups look? I have many guns, and the sights are what they are out of the box for the things. Among the more recent purchases I have is a DDA 1911 that shoots a half inch 5 round group at 50ft, but I have to line things up at the top of the black part of the B-3 target I shoot at to get the things to land in the center of it. Other thing is the micro-9's and the short sight radius is what it is :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would have to ask, how do the groups look? I have many guns, and the sights are what they are out of the box for the things. Among the more recent purchases I have is a DDA 1911 that shoots a half inch 5 round group at 50ft, but I have to line things up at the top of the black part of the B-3 target I shoot at to get the things to land in the center of it. Other thing is the micro-9's and the short sight radius is what it is :)
Here are some groups from today
Sig p365
Second WC Experior Compact 4”

both just 7 yards
3rd pic WC from 10 yards
Recreation Circle Close-up Target archery Precision sports

Watch Yellow Circle Tints and shades Symmetry
Font Circle Art Symbol Pattern

·
Registered
184 Posts
OP, the combat hold as others have mentioned is an important part of shooting the P365, but there is also the question about how you're affecting it. How are your low groups looking at a given distance? If they're broadly dispersed within 10yds, then your own inputs are affecting things more than the sight alignment. Because micro pistols can be a little snappy, there can be a subconscious inclination to drop the muzzle in anticipation of the recoil to reduce that muzzle rise. I recommend that you do extensive dry fire, and practice making the trigger break without the front sight dot moving between the rear sight dots. Do this until you are absolutely consistent with the results.

Edit: Disregard my comments about the dispersion of your groups if low because you posted groups while I was typing.

However, continue dry fire practice as I recommended.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Here's a 10-meter group with 50 rounds from my own P365. You can see that my slop hits are high where I failed to properly seat my grip on the pistol. I have a tendency to heal it a bit if I allow any play to remain in my grip when I press the trigger, and that throws some shots high as a result.

I mention this because when you grip the pistol, see if your fingers or palm are tightening against the grip as you press the trigger. If that's happening, then it means you need to tighten up those fingers or that part of your hand before you start your trigger press.

Font Art Pattern Book cover Publication

This is a B-29 target, which is about half the size of a typical silhouette target, just for size reference.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts