SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone considered making/commissioning a shop to make an alloy grip module for their P250/320 series weapon? I know some people like the polymer grip modules for the lighter weight, which makes this weapon their choice vs something like a P229, but I have always wondered what this gun would be like with a metal frame on it, and if it was even possible to do something like this. I know there were a few companies that would make "race frames" for Glocks out of alloy, but havent seen anything related to the P250/320 series, and it's really starting to itch my brain to try and get something like this done.

Probably going to go to a local machine shop next week and see what they think about it, and see if they could give me a quote for a one-off (need to wait for my paycheck lol). Will post with updates once I go and have a chat with them, but in the meantime, anyone who has done this/has experience with things like this, all input is appreciated :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
As a former machinist, this is going to be very expensive and time consuming. Anything can be properly made with enough tooling and experience but for the price you'd pay for this you could by several nice pistols. I would buy a 228/229/226 for the cost of something like this. Cool idea, but hard to execute.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Sig should make them with replaceable grips. Would be like a striker-fire 226/229. With all the stuff on the market Sig should keep expanding the 320 modularity including going from plastic to metal.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had the conversation of a striker P229 the other day, that would be the perfect little pistol in my opinion.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Has anyone considered making/commissioning a shop to make an alloy grip module for their P250/320 series weapon? I know some people like the polymer grip modules for the lighter weight, which makes this weapon their choice vs something like a P229, but I have always wondered what this gun would be like with a metal frame on it, and if it was even possible to do something like this. I know there were a few companies that would make "race frames" for Glocks out of alloy, but havent seen anything related to the P250/320 series, and it's really starting to itch my brain to try and get something like this done.

Probably going to go to a local machine shop next week and see what they think about it, and see if they could give me a quote for a one-off (need to wait for my paycheck lol). Will post with updates once I go and have a chat with them, but in the meantime, anyone who has done this/has experience with things like this, all input is appreciated :)

I have read that either Sig or Grayguns (or a collaboration between the two of them) has already produced some prototype aluminum grip modules for the P320.

I know it's not alloy but it's a start..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts