SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with this powder?

It has a burn rate in the neighborhood of Unique and Power Pistol.

I am thinking of giving it a try in 357 Sig and 40 S&W

·
Registered
823 Posts
BE-86 has become my favorite pistol powder.

Think of it as a cleaner burning, better metering version of Unique.
It's burn rate is between Unique and Power Pistol.

If I could only have one powder, it would be BE-86.
I use it for 9mm, 10mm, 45acp, 45 Colt and 357 magnum.

Definitely give it a try.

·
Registered
515 Posts
BE-86 works well for me in 357sig, 9mm and 40S&W. What I have found is that BE-86 is just a little bit faster than PowerPistol.

In 357sig I load 124/125gr JHP's to around 1300fps with good accuracy in my P229. In 40S&W I use it for 165gr plated bullets and load it to around 900fps in my P229. My 124gr 9mm load is also plated and loaded to around 1100fps out of my SP2022.

I would say that in 357sig and 40s&w, BE-86 is what I used most of the time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think PowerPistol is BE-85 or BE-83. BullsEye is a whole series of powders (like the dots). Handloader had an article about it a while ago. I have a pile (BE-86 that is), never really used it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I got a pound at the gun show when I first started reloading and wasnt able to find many other powders to try. I was sold on the low flash and ability to load several calibers. I loaded up a bunch of hornaday XTPs in 9, 45, and 38sp for rainy day stash ammo. I was happy with all the testing I did. Which reminds me.... I need some more XTPs to finish that bottle off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.