SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into buying an ak. Does anyone have any suggestions and does anyone know how the yugo-m70ab2-ak-style-rifle,-7.62x39,-with-underfolder-stock is. Price is right and looking to pick one up ASAP. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Banned
3,519 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
I've been wanting one too, I have several friends that have one. But I think I'm gonna sell something I have and save my lunch money and buy a Scar 16.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have owned the Polytech legend with the underfolder and a milled receiver in the late 80's
I have owned the WASR 10.

Currently I have a saiga as well as a Arsenal. The arsenal is the way to go with out a doubt. the Saiga comes right out of the Russian plant. But you have a lot to do to get it up to a "AK 47".

The arsenal Rocks. It never misses a beat. I'm a huge AK 47 fan.
IMHO I would take one over any AR platform any day. But that's just me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I think I'm gonna pick it up. It's $579 from century arms. Just need to find a good FFL.

I was thinking about the S & W MP 10 in 308 but ammo here is so damn expensive and the ak has nice stopping power. Just want something with more punch than my M400

How was your WASR 10

·
Registered
735 Posts
The WASR 10 was great for the money at the time I paid $350.00 for it.
The old polytech was awesome.

If you leave the saiga in the original state you can buy them in it is a very nice rifle for around $500.00.

The only trouble is they made it more of a sporting "type" rifle and can NOT take standard AK mags. Unless you modify it to do so. I bought 20 round surefire mags and left it alone. They come with a 5 round.

But the Arsenal is a whole different thing. It is well worth the money.

·
Registered
241 Posts
For you AK-47 guys - what was your total build cost and what mods do you have? I have an AR-15 but AKs just look awesome. Trying to save up and budget accordingly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts