SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mentioned this in another post; have an R0 factory mounted on a 365 slide.
Had some battery issues, but an ongoing problem has been adjusting the brightness.

So, how do you adjust the brightness?
The button is somewhat hard to get out, but I've been pushing it with my finger and a coffee stirrer.
Thnx,
Moon

·
Registered
726 Posts
The on/off button is also the brightness adjust control. Press to turn on, press to go to the next setting, press & hold to turn off. The brightness adjustment increases/decreases one step at a time until it reaches maximum/minimum. Then it will flash indicating that you've reached the top/bottom end of the range, and then will reverse.

It's hard to get positive contact on the button press without touching the lens. Usually takes me three tries before I've got my fingertip placed correctly. I usually leave it in the middle (3-4) and only use the button to turn it on and off.

Hope this helps!

EDITED: You weren't asking for instructions, were you? I'm a little slow until I've had my third cup of coffee. The answer to your question is, "as little as possible."

·
🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Sig must have thought, where's the stupidest, hardest to access place on this sight to make any dot adjustments - and then put the on/off in it's current location. :(

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the button placement wasn't well considered.
BoBo522, appreciate the lengthy, pre-coffee comeback. :)
Direction-wise, that is what I've been trying to do. How long do you hold down the button? Briefly? Quickly? Just can't get it to respond.
Thnx,
Moon

·
Registered
17,913 Posts
It's not in a great place, but not in a terrible place either considering that at least in my case, I'll adjust it once and never again.

I've tried it in all kinds of ambient light up to and including no light at all and found the perfect setting, so there's no reason to change it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It’s a pain to adjust. If your finger isn’t working try a pencil with an eraser. The edge of the eraser might work better. Push length is hard to describe. You don’t have to hold it for several seconds but a quick jab does not work either…. It’s best to adjust in lower light or shade. Sometimes the up/down brightness seems so little that it’s hard to see in bright light.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sig must have thought, where's the stupidest, hardest to access place on this sight to make any dot adjustments - and then put the on/off in it's current location. :(
I don't think they put that much work into it. Leupold had already perfected adjustment anguish and set the bar with the Deltapoint.

·
🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
3,007 Posts
I don't think they put that much work into it. Leupold had already perfected adjustment anguish and set the bar with the Deltapoint.
The part that bothers me the most about the location is if I use my fat fingers, I end up smudging the lens and there's that issue to deal with. :mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The part that bothers me the most about the location is if I use my fat fingers, I end up smudging the lens and there's that issue to deal with. :mad:
Been there - done that with the Deltapoint as well. I honestly prefer and shoot better with iron sights but it clears the suppressor on the 22/45.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I'm battling with the dot too. It makes my unsteadiness more obvious, which discourages me from taking the shot.
Need to work more with it on handguns.
Have a couple PCCs with dots, and find those to work really well; accurate and fast. Struggling with the fast part on handguns.
Moon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts