SIG Talk banner

Adjusting retention on CE mag holders

911 Views 12 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Concealment Express
What's the proper way to adjust the retention on your mag holders? I see the two Phillips head screws on the outside, then the Allen head in the middle. I've never had a mag holder with that Allen screw before. Before I play around and break something, I figured I should ask the experts!

Thanks!
Reactions: Concealment Express
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Vendor
What's the proper way to adjust the retention on your mag holders? I see the two Phillips head screws on the outside, then the Allen head in the middle. I've never had a mag holder with that Allen screw before. Before I play around and break something, I figured I should ask the experts!

Thanks!
Our MRD (magazine retention device) Holster is designed with an adjustable lever so it can accommodate multiple makes and models of magazines. In the packaging with the Magazine Holster we provided an Allen key. Please place your magazine in the holster and use the key to release the MRD lever by tightening the silver hex screw on the side of the holster. When you are adjusting the MRD it will push against the flat side of the magazine resulting in a secure hold so it does not move around. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!

馃帠USN Veteran
Sig P220, P226, P227, P228, P365XL, P365XL, M400 TREAD, 716i TREAD, 516 G2 Patrol, MPX K
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
@Concealment Express Thanks...that鈥檚 what I thought but I wanted to check first!

Hey Navy, how about a pic of the subject mag holder. Is this related to that package coming from Sig? 馃槉
Here鈥檚 the holder. Yes, I bought it for the 365. It鈥檚 very similar to the ones I have from Comp-Tac that I carry now...but they are SigTalk vendors! 馃槈

Reactions: Concealment Express

馃帠USN Veteran
Sig P220, P226, P227, P228, P365XL, P365XL, M400 TREAD, 716i TREAD, 516 G2 Patrol, MPX K
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice looking mag holder and bravo using one of our vendors! That looks like it will complement your 365 nicely - once those dirt bags finally deliver it! 馃槃
UPS must have been listening -- it arrived at the store today and I picked it up on my way home! 馃榿

And I really like the retention system on this holder. It's very easy to dial in and holds the mag very securely!!

Vendor

馃帠USN Veteran
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Retention should be the screws on the trigger guard side
This is a mag holder, so there is no "trigger guard" side. And it has a different system than I've seen before. If you look at the picture above, you can see the silver Allen head screw in the block between the the two sides. By turning that screw, the block pivots and adjusts the retention pressure. It holds the mag very securely and it's easy to adjust to whatever tension you want. It's much more adjustable than the "traditional" holders I've seen where you compress a thick rubber washer while tightening the screws. This is a very clever design and very effective!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.