SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install adjustable rear sights on their P2xx. I’m looking at LPA as I have had great success with them on a SW 627. Looking at their night sights for a P229. Hoping to get closer to a center hold vs Sig std combat hold. Will be running both .40 and .357 Sig barrels using the .357 to zero the sights. Have my 1991 set up for center and my Swiss P210-6 is 6 o’clock hold. Figure modding the 229 this way will help reduce the deviation in hold between the three guns. Thoughts?

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What an excellent post, thank you for pointing out that I’m probably overthinking this. I’ve been a casual shooter for 25 yrs first with revolvers then with a 1911, occasionally with a Swiss P210. When my father passed away last year, I inherited some of his guns as well as his penchant for competition and have since bought and tuned a P226 and P320. The P229 is meant to qualify for CCW and train with as appropriate. I’m used to center hold on the 1911, 6 o’clock on the P210 and my other Sigs have RDS. My Dad raced about his 229 as his carry gun in 40. So the 229 I’m getting is to honor him in that way. I won’t EDC but I do want to be able to swap between .357 Sig and .40. Rationale behind adjustable sights is to move the hold from combat to center zeroed on .357 and get comfortable with the different POI on .40. Your comments and some others are showing me that I’m overthinking that and should train at distances shorter than my range guns. Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts