SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled across the adjustment procedure for the P-SAIT trigger on the Legion series on the interweb and decided to give it a try.

The procedure is very simple. Remove the slide from the pistol and locate the allen adjustment screw in front of the trigger by looking downwards in front of the locking block. Turn the screw clockwise using the proper size allen key until the hammer won't drop when it is cocked and you are pulling the trigger. While pulling the trigger with the hammer cocked, turn the adjustment screw counter-clockwise until the hammer drops, and then 1/4 turn more. Install the slide and check DA & SA operation. You should notice the almost complete elimination of over travel.

I adjusted mine today and an very happy with the results.

Registered
And of course, neverlet the hammer drop unrestrained with the slide off. i.e. when doing the over travel adjustment, you need to hold the hammer so it cannot actually drop with force.

Another way to adjust this is to turn the set screw so the hammer just releases. Now, while holding the trigger back, "feel" the hammer by moving it through it's arc with your thumb - you can feel it rubbing on the sear. Adjust the set screw so the hammer no longer rubs on the sear.

When finished, especially if the gun also has the short reset, it's a good to check the firing pin block function. Assemble gun, cock in SA mode, push on firing pin with stick, Q-tip etc. Pull trigger slowly (you can restrain hammer) and determine with FP un-blocks (FP will move forward). It should be precisely at or before sear release - no later.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And of course, neverlet the hammer drop unrestrained with the slide off. i.e. when doing the over travel adjustment, you need to hold the hammer so it cannot actually drop with force.

Another way to adjust this is to turn the set screw so the hammer just releases. Now, while holding the trigger back, "feel" the hammer by moving it through it's arc with your thumb - you can feel it rubbing on the sear. Adjust the set screw so the hammer no longer rubs on the sear.

When finished, especially if the gun also has the short reset, it's a good to check the firing pin block function. Assemble gun, cock in SA mode, push on firing pin with stick, Q-tip etc. Pull trigger slowly (you can restrain hammer) and determine with FP un-blocks (FP will move forward). It should be precisely at or before sear release - no later.
Thanks for the additional information. The OT adjustment made a big difference in my Legion. I am kind of surprised Grayguns doesn't have a video available on their web side showing the installation and adjustment of the P-SAIT trigger, like it does showing the install of the PELT on the P320.

Registered
I did my P226's just last weekend. I was apprehensive at first but it was quite easy and the improvement noticeable. I've been shooting a long time but it's only been recently that I've come to appreciate how much a lack of overtravel contributes to a great trigger.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did my P226's just last weekend. I was apprehensive at first but it was quite easy and the improvement noticeable. I've been shooting a long time but it's only been recently that I've come to appreciate how much a lack of overtravel contributes to a great trigger.
I think the trigger quality, especially since the install of the GG PELT triggers in my P320's is key to why I shoot them so well, especially being the first striker fired pistols I have ever shot. That idea was reinforced the first time I shot my Elite RX SAO, which I shot the best I ever have shot any pistol. Unfortunately my first range trip since adjusting the trigger in my DA/SA Legion, incidntally my very first range trip with my brand new Legion SAO, was a dud...and not because of the shootin' irons! Still, I shot the DA/SA Legion very well at times on that trip. If the guy behind the trigger ever gets his act together I am sure the potential of the pistol will show up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.