SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Sig Talk, Zack here; Active Army Infantryman and I love guns.

That being said, I've just recently made my second Sig purchase: Sig P226 MK25. There are some additions I'd like to add to this weapon being an SRT, fiber optic front sight for faster target aquisition and a railed light.

My questions are:

1. What brands are reccomended?
2. How to know what height of fiber optic sight to place on.
3. Good light model that can be powered on and off without inhibiting my ability to fire at any moment.

Thank you ahead of time for your responses!

-Zack

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome from NY. Also new to Sigs but I have found from the forums that less seems to be better. Sights, grips, a light and tuneups seem to be the recommended norm. The SRT trigger is awesome.

btw. you might get a little ribbing from your army buddies about the anchor logo on the slide. lol

Great gun. I will also get one someday.

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
Welcome to SIG Talk, thank you for your service!

Dawson Precision makes a FO for SIG's, you may want to consider his offerings:

www.dawsonprecision.com SIGHTS FRONT Category

DP Optic Inserted Front Sights for Sig Arms Detail Page

For a WML, the Surefire X300 is worthy of a look, good, reliable, solid performer and my choice;

Amazon.com: Surefire Ultra High Ouput LED Weaponlight, Black: Sports & Outdoors

Many here like the Streamlight TLR's, also good products. I prefer the lights that use the CR-123 batteries due to the shelf life of these batteries. Also, with the advancements in lighting technology over the past ten years, the LED's have really come on to their own. A properly designed and manufactured LED should outlast any of us and give out some good light levels. A fully potted LED will be a very robust LED and will give you years of service, even in the most harsh environment or usage. There is a lot of controversy surrounding lumens and how they are measured. A reputable firm, such as Surefire and Streamlight, will give an honest value for the lumen output for their lights. But you do need to be aware that the beam of the light can have an impact on the apparent brightness of the light. Lumens are a measure of the total light output of the bulb. If you have a narrow beam, good for throwing the light long distances, the light may appear brighter than a wider beam. Also, beams have different intensity levels across the beam. Some have a very bright spot in the middle of the beam and drop off in intensity rapidly as you approach the edge of the beam. Some are more uniform across the entire beam, all factors that can affect the apparent brightness of the light.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Just picked up my MK25 2 weeks ago and I am in love. I am in the process of figuring out what I want to do for upgrades, also.

Couple of things I have seen...

The SRT will be installed on mine. Too many guys on this sight recommend it. I think the stock trigger is fine. I grew up on Berreta 92's and 1911's. There is a complete difference between these 2 trigger systems, but both are good. I can't wait to see how good the SRT will make this trigger.

Lights...I am really liking the TLR3 by Stream light. It is small, very light weight, and has a 110 lumes. It seems that everybody and their brother wants 6 kazillian looms, or the light sucks. 110 is fine for searching a house. If I planned on using it outside a lot, 200 plus would be better, but 110 should work outside. Oh, and it's inexpensive at about $90. The problem I am running into is finding a holster that will work with the MK25 and the tlr 3. I'm still searching. If I can't find one, I think I will have my LEO buddy make me one.

Sights....personally, I love the sig night sites. This is my bedside gun and night sights are important to me. I have tried a few FO's, and they work great in sunlight or high light situations, but I do not like them at night or low light. The front sight just becomes a black blade sight to me.

I have not even started to look at grips. I know I want some, but I will figure that out later. Right now, I have a Tuffgrip(?). Rubber sleeve on it and it feels good.

And, (2) 20 round mags have to be ordered.

Then it's off to a few classes and/or IDPA matches

Good luck, and keep us updated with your progress.

·
Premium Member
36,281 Posts
Welcome from Kansas home of Ft. Riley
What was your first Sig?
My first SRT was a 239 I still have. My double tap turned out to be a triple tap.
It has always seemed since that I can just think double tap and it does.
What it is really nice at is less trigger movement helping to stay zeroed on target.
Just a joy to shoot. I will always have one on my Sigs except my 220 SAO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts