SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had been looking for a summer carry option to rotate with my P239, plus I just wanted another Sig, and I decided on a P238. This was actually somewhat of a surprise to me as I had never really had any intention of going with the P238. While at my LGS I ran across this little gem. The P238 Rainbow. Yes it is shiny, yes it has purple hues, and yes I love it. Now I just have to keep the wife from taking it. She has been eyeing it ever since it came home.

·
Banned
420 Posts
when my Wife purchased her 238 she held, sighted and hefted a rainbow - she remarked that there was too much "reflection" while sighting - I agreed with her - she did buy a 238 but it's the "All Black" (and she loves it, now that I've polished the feed ramp so that there's no more failures to feed)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice gun! I love the P238. Never have been a huge fan of the Rainbow, but hey, to each their own. Best of luck with the wife not getting her hands on it ;)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I wanted the P290RS Rainbow, but was told they won't be out til the end of summer, so I bought a nitron P290RS. I love this gun and it is my EDC. So accurate, and extremely dependable.

·
Registered
601 Posts
U will love it great piece

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
The Rainbow color is very polarizing. You either love it or hate it. Its a great summer weather gun and with the newer bullets, the 380acp is a bulldog.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The photos on Sigs website of the rainbow variation never looked that appealing to me but in person I really liked it. Especially when combined with the rosewood grips. So far I am very happy with it and look forward to getting it into rotation.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Congratulations! I think it's a cool looking gun.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Congrats! I've been eyeing on the rainbow hoping my LGS that does SSE get one but no luck..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
187 Posts
Saw one at a LGS a while back and they are pretty sweet looking. I needed an ambi safety and found a Blackwood one and love it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The photos on Sigs website of the rainbow variation never looked that appealing to me but in person I really liked it. Especially when combined with the rosewood grips. So far I am very happy with it and look forward to getting it into rotation.
Congrats and I agree on the pics on the site, in person it is a nice finish. My wife got to show hers off yesterday and all 3 ladies that saw it want one so good luck keeping it out of your wife's hands, you might as well just go get another and save an argument :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats and I agree on the pics on the site, in person it is a nice finish. My wife got to show hers off yesterday and all 3 ladies that saw it want one so good luck keeping it out of your wife's hands, you might as well just go get another and save an argument :D
Isn't that the truth. Last night I heard her mention something about a new holster. I was like do what......

The overall fit and finish is fantastic.

·
Registered
31 Posts
First off, congrats.

I really like the finish, but the grips ruin it for me. Some plain old black grips would really make it a great looking gun.

As long as you're happy! Enjoy..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Finally got mine in after months on order. It is a thing of beauty. Until you hold on in your hands, you just don't get the full effect!

·
Banned
751 Posts
The Rainbow finish is the ultimate in finish when it comes to a carry pistol.
It would be pretty satisfying as a victim of an attempted robbery, attack, etc. to pull out and point a perceived pansy pistol straight in the face of an attacker.

"What in the hell is that thing?"
*BOOM!*
Lights out

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow. That is is one *****, GHEY looking pistol.

I guess it's official: you're out of the closet, now. There is no going back.

Your parents must be SO PROUD of you.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You're obnoxious man. Just go away.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts