Registered
386 Posts
Nothing wrong with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
P365XL/P226
243 Posts
I've had Glocks in Gen 2, 2.5, 3, 4 and now 5. I'm a big fan of the Gen 5's. I've had several of the G19.5's over the last several years. Gave my last one to my son. I currently have both the 19X and G45. Basically the same thing but the slightly longer grip fits me a bit better overall. For a striker-fired pistol, they are excellent pistols. The G45 would be the pistol that goes into my SBR/pistol go-bag should the space alien ninja zombies attack :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice indeed.

You maybe interested in checking out from C&H Precision their V4 Glock plate. It replaces the factory Glock optic mounting plate and among other things removes the gap in front of and behind your optic.

10-8 Performance video on V4 plate

Link to C&H Precision
GLOCK MOS V4 MIL/LEO to Trijicon RMR / SRO / Holosun 407C / 507C / 508C / 508T - C&H Precision Weapons (chpws.com)
They used the stock Glock plates (from the Glock store)
This just eliminates the gap up in front of the optic?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I have never seen that trigger before. I have a G17MOS Gen5 with a DPP and Taran Tactical springs and extended base pads. The springs changed the gun dramatically. I was ready to ditch the gun until I added the springs

·
Registered
309 Posts
They used the stock Glock plates (from the Glock store)
This just eliminates the gap up in front of the optic?
Nice pickup.

Yeah, that looks like the standard MOS plate that comes with the pistol.

Another option besides the CHPWS plates are the OPF-G, RMR plates by Forward Controls. I have one of these on both my G34 MOS USPSA gun and carry G19 MOS, each with a 507c x2. I've been extremely impressed with the FC plate; it is made of nitrided steel, and the fit is extremely snug.

OPF-G, RMR

Camera accessory Digital camera Gadget Strap Reflex camera

Gun accessory Gun barrel Auto part Font

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice pickup.

Yeah, that looks like the standard MOS plate that comes with the pistol.

Another option besides the CHPWS plates are the OPF-G, RMR plates by Forward Controls. I have one of these on both my G34 MOS USPSA gun and carry G19 MOS, each with a 507c x2. I've been extremely impressed with the FC plate; it is made of nitrided steel, and the fit is extremely snug.

OPF-G, RMR

View attachment 416268
View attachment 416269
Never really thought much about the gap. Maybe I’ll change it.
what holster & sock combo r u using?

how much is that plate you mentioned? The other plate was $70 that the other member mentioned.

·
Registered
309 Posts
what holster & sock combo r u using?
Holster is a JM Custom Kydex AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 with a set of DCC clips.

The "sock" (if you mean the gray pad under the holster?) is a Mastermind Tactics Appendix Carry Pillow (Wedge):

·
Registered
386 Posts
The Gen 5’s are definitely worth owning!!
I took the opportunity last summer to sell all my Gen 3s and Gen 4s. Only Gen 5s for me! Glock doesn’t make many obvious external changes but the Gen 5s have something like 13 internal improvements. Trigger is much better and I like the ambi slide catch lever.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I took the opportunity last summer to sell all my Gen 3s and Gen 4s. Only Gen 5s for me! Glock doesn’t make many obvious external changes but the Gen 5s have something like 13 internal improvements. Trigger is much better and I like the ambi slide catch lever.

Yeah. I haven’t shot mine yet. Will soon though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts