SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No details coming out yet. Appears to be an active shooter at the Von Braun Complex on Redstone Arsenal. Nobody entering or leaving. Big base to search and the buildings where it is supposed to be happening are MASSIVE!

Glad I had no meetings at that complex today.

·
Registered
225 Posts
No details coming out yet. Appears to be an active shooter at the Von Braun Complex on Redstone Arsenal. Nobody entering or leaving. Big base to search and the buildings where it is supposed to be happening are MASSIVE!

Glad I had no meetings at that complex today.
I hope it's nothing terrible. Nothing new so far.

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The place is also commonly referred to as "the Sparkman Center".
I don't take no SIG on the Arsenal. That is a felony. :eek:

Another "gun free zone".

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found this pic of the site with a Google image search.
The main building is MASSIVE.
Clearing that building will NOT be easy.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
First I hope everyone is ok. But clearing the building will be particularly difficult if the staff involved are trained the way these private federal security forces at Ft. Bragg are trained:
When this came up a year ago the main take away was that these folks seem to violate so many rules that its nearly Keystone Cops level AND they did so on post with the most elite of the Army's hostage rescue and counter terrorism troops. Didn't they ever think to ask for some expert training?

·
Registered
17,945 Posts
The place is also commonly referred to as "the Sparkman Center".
I don't take no SIG on the Arsenal. That is a felony. :eek:

Another "gun free zone".
You mean no one told the shooter this?

Unbelievable. If they had, he would have gone elsewhere.:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
You mean no one told the shooter this?

Unbelievable. If they had, he would have gone elsewhere.:lol:
Perhaps the signs were not multi-lingual and multi-cultural enough?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven't heard anymore details. They have re-opened the gates but ask that movement be limited. The Sparkman Center and roads around it are still in lockdown.
Still seems to be a state of confusion.

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some liberal from DC area or the Left Coast may have came for a meeting and saw a picture of a gun. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A tweet from a few minutes ago:

Army Contracting Command’s official twitter account has confirmed that the Sparkman Center, locked down throughout the day on Tuesday, has been reopened.

The tweet says the scene is clear of “potential active shooters,” with no injuries or casualties.

Reactions: lamarw

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Latest:

Col. Thomas Holliday, Redstone Arsenal Garrison Commander, says there was no shooter or casualties after a reported active shooter situation at the Sparkman Center on post.

Redstone Arsenal received two 911 calls at 9:40 a.m. about a potential active shooter at the Sparkman Center complex. The calls came from a building on the complex. The initial reports of someone hearing shots fired and someone seeing a weapon were not credible reports.

Col. Holliday would not say whether or not investigators have interviewed the 911 callers at this time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.