SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'd like to find an Ace Trigger shoe for my P229. I used to use them with my shotguns when I shot trap and loved the feel of them. I wondered if anyone had any knowledge of which Ace shoe would fit the P229? They are numbered and each number fits specific guns/models. If you could just pass on which number I'd need I can go from there.

Thank you in advance,
Dan

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Which trigger are you trying to beef up?
If you have the Short reach trigger, You can change to A standard trigger and probably be good to go.

I have Trigger shoes on my competition shot guns. Helps with my long fingers.

Just never had the need on any of my handguns. I just fix them with grip mods when I need to

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kirk,

Yes, actually I do have the short reach trigger with the short reset trigger kit installed. I don't know if the standard trigger is any wider than the short reach trigger? I think a trigger shoe would fix the skinny trigger feel.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
As you know from using A Trigger Shoe in the past. They do work.
We had A Smith that would travel the bigger Sporting Clay shoots and he always had them with him.

It may be A pain in the but. But what I would suggest would be A trip to your LGS to see if you can find A 229 with A standard trigger so you can handle it to see how it feels.
I know when I shoot someones Sig with the Short trigger, I know it right away.

The standard trigger does make A difference.

Good Luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a good suggestion. I didn't know that the two were different in width. I did love my trigger shoe when I used to shoot my Kreighoff Model 32. Loved the feel of it, like a glove. Having a wider surface to pull seems to help with taking out some of the jerky motion when shooting.

Thanks again,
Dan

·
Premium Member
36,281 Posts
They are in thickness.
Go to Sigs website and look at the 229s. Some are standard with each type trigger.
very obvious.
To me the thin starts where the standard ends front to back.
I only have standard triggers, and do not want a thin one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I will have to go to the Fun Store and ask to try one with a standard trigger. I just thought the curvature was different so it was closer to the shooter and not thinner.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Coming from the days of Wooden Ships and Iron Men", I have lived through the previous "fad" of trigger shoes.

In the old days we had weapons of Blued Steel and Walnut, and included the round turny thing in the middle.

It was not uncommon in those days that the trigger shoe would extend past the edge of the trigger guard.

More than one person discharged a round down his leg when the trigger shoe would catch on the edge of a holster.

A VERY NASTY wound by the way.

The shoe is not nearly as dangerous on long arms due to the method of use.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is not a good thing, I wouldn't want a trigger shoe that large. Something more like my Ruger Mark III trigger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts