SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the P365 harder to shoot than bigger pistols? I seem to struggle with it at times. I am typically dead on with a loose grip. I went 9/10 today in a 1" group at 10 yards. When I use a tighter grip it's all over. I shoot rifle a lot more than pistols, so maybe I need more practice.

Does the Talon grips help these pistols? I have a Hellcat and the grip feels a tad bigger which feels much nicer in my hands.

Got a couple hundred rounds through the P365 and no issues. The trigger is nice! :)

Any pistol shooting tips? :)

·
Registered
55,291 Posts
tight grip doesn't help!

welcome from az.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a new P365. I am very accurate , in my own estimation anyway , with this little pistol . It returns to sight picture quickly after recoil . The grip texturing is perfect to me . Tape or talon grips would not add a thing in my opinion. It also can fire successive shots quickly with no jams. I normally shoot HKs and when I first fired this pistol , I was amazed that I was as accurate with this as my HKs. I have a manual safety and it sticks in my middle finger tip when racking or doing a press check. That’s my only complaint right now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I use a very loose grip I hit dead on 90% of the time, but it feels like it's flying out of my hand. :)

It's a great little pistol, I love it so far.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Doesn't sound like you have an accuracy issue if you're hitting 1" groups at 10 yards. The P365 is a small self defense pistol so if you are shooting slow for accuracy you are not getting an accurate picture of how you will shoot under stress.

I added rubber talon grips to mine, but that is a personal preference. Shooting fast draw double-tap drills gave me a better understanding of how my shots would land under stress. Not 1" groups but solid body and head hits.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you need a little larger grip I recommend the Hogue grip. It will fill your hand a bit more and it will increase the friction. I find it difficult to slide past it when pocket carrying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I expect myself to put them in a 4-5" circle :) I can usually get nice groups shooting slowly with a very loose grip. Tighter grip I'm all over the place.

Just was curious if others had this issue or I just stink with a pistol.

·
Registered
255 Posts
......Is the P365 harder to shoot than bigger pistols? I seem to struggle with it at times. I am typically dead on with a loose grip............
Some prefer the pinky finger extension on the mag for a better grip.
I use the flat mag plate at the range, as that is what I carry in the gun with my CCW (concealed carry license).

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Old school rule of thumb for gripping a handgun ..." Hold it like a bird ... you're not trying to kill it ... you just don't want it to fly out of your hand" ...:D

Reactions: meteorman69

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm not QUITE as accurate with my P365 as I am with my G34 with Red Dot sights, but ALMOST.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Huh. I always thought a tight grip was better. Can’t wait to try a looser one next time I hit the range!
You do want a nice firm grip. Please don’t read these posts and think you can hold the gun like a bird in your hand, your accuracy and recoil control will suffer tremendously. Lightly gripping, limp wristing a semi-auto pistol is not the way to go. It’s like the Emperors clothes here, someone please step up and stop the nonsense.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You have to find a balance that works for you. If you have a death grip on the gun, it will hurt your accuracy as your hands will be unsteady from the exertion.

However, having a loose grip will hurt your speed, and failing to control recoil can cause a semi-auto to jam. Hold it firmly but not so much that your hands shake.

Also, as comfortable as it is to have your pinky on the grip, don’t squeeze a lot with it. As you tighten you trigger finger, the natural response of your whole hand to close can cause the muzzle to dip if your pinky tightens on the bottom of the grip.

The pinky is kind of a double-edged sword too because it can help reduce muzzle flip but also hurt your accuracy. Find the grip balance that works for you and be mindful of whether overall accuracy or follow-up speed is more important for a particular gun’s purpose.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
sigman8989 Hold it as tight as needed to maintain what would a typical normal control for you with another small light pistol . The grip is smaller so do what's needed to deal with it . When my 64 year old 5-2 wife shot our P365xl she found it easier for her to shoot one handed by firing 2 - 6 shot groups of 1.5" that were slower fired but aimed fire and it was with only her second mag full . It was easier for her not quicker but split times were close so figure out if you want fast and accurate enough or are you attempting to make like its a bullseye pistol !! Then do what you need to with the grip . I can't grip a pistol tight anymore do to several hand surgery's but find the P365xl we have easy to shoot still one handed or two .

1 - 20 of 41 Posts