SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys Ive been reading articles and threads across the web trying to find specifics on my potential purchase but I haven't had the best of results.

Ultimately my concerns are that I am buying an discontinued design and I don't want to end up overpaying.
Nor do I not want to be able to find the correct barrels & spare parts to use with the older model

Seller thinks the bolt design is a "Gen 1.5." See photos....give your opinion.

Here is what I'm looking at buying:

Seller has a MCX "Snakebite" .300 blackout pistol. "From my understanding they are the same as a regular MCX just with 2-tone color & a fancy name on the side."

He has replaced the factory 9inch barrel with a Sig 6.5inch, seller does NOT have the OG barrel.

Would come with:
Factory box and paperwork
Factory handguard & a shorter Sig handguard for use with a suppressor.
Factory lancer mags plus 1 magpul mag
120rds of 300blk ammo (Mix of 220gr subs & 150gr supers)
Extra Sig match trigger
Sig pdw brace.

None of the optics, laser, or iron sights are included but are available for further funds.

Seller is asking $2200 and is local. I think its a bit high but maybe I'm wrong. What do you guys think?

I've included all of the photos he has sent once we went down the "what gen do I have" rabbit hole.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
It's too much money for this conglomeration of parts IMO. The short barrel is probably generation 1 to work with the older bolt. The 6.75 inch barrel is not likely to work well without the suppressor, especially with sub sonic ammo. The handguard is gen. 1.

Bill

·
Registered
252 Posts
It's a "legacy" setup but it's still going to work with most of the current parts. Lowers have stayed the same for the most part(just check buffers). The older upper and handguard will work with current barrel/bolts just don't mix and match the tapered/legacy barrel extension and bolts. "pistols" tend to get a bit more of a premium and the 6.75 can fetch a bit of a premium as well. If guys can run rattlers without a can, the 6.75 isn't a problem but you'll need to figure out what works/doesn't. Legacy handguard isn't a show stopper. It still works and Midwest Industries/lancer make some aftermarket if you really want something different.

The price is high but so is everything else right now. You're going to pay more for a rattler that has a specific upper/barrel/op rod that doesn't work with anything else. With the one you're looking it, it's an easier swap if you want to go with a longer barrel.

I wouldn't jump on it but if that's what you're looking for, that may be the way to go.

The "snakebite" on the mag well is a little dudebro.

·
Registered
367 Posts
You're at about the price of a new Rattler.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you can get a rattler for $2200 right now, I'd jump on that. They're out of stock most places and they're all going north of $2500 on GB

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lol, this looks like what you'd get if a Chinese manufacturer tried to sell an imitation Canebrake on Amazon, right down to the goofy name. I got my brand new 9" Virtus on GB for a few hundred above MSRP weeks ago. It's not a rare Ferrari - it's worth it to shell out just a few more bucks and get the gun you really want, IMHO.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Yeah, that's a very awkward setup to sell without the original 9" barrel kit - At anything near that price. Luv my legacy MCX, but pass on this deal...

Cheers

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you did buy it, make sure the guy includes the original flash hider because you won't like the muzzle brake.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I picked up a 9" MCX Virtus .300 pistol with folding brace at a big local shop a couple weeks ago for $2200. I guess that's a few hundred over MSRP but not as outrageous as the auction prices on GB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts