SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was deciding between the Romeo and an RMR and looked at reviews for different RMR models on Amazon, there were a relatively small number of RMR owners complaining about the battery only lasting weeks while most did not have that problem. I just ordered some Duracell 1632 batteries from Amazon which sells them as car opener batteries. The reviews for the batteries were mostly great but again there were a few complaints about short battery life usually a few weeks. Looks like a good chance those with Romeos who get a short battery life just need to try another battery. I'm starting the third month with my Romeo, been carrying it and leave it on all the time except when cleaning the gun with a brightness a couple down from the most bright.

馃帠USA Veteran
When I was deciding between the Romeo and an RMR and looked at reviews for different RMR models on Amazon, there were a relatively small number of RMR owners complaining about the battery only lasting weeks while most did not have that problem. I just ordered some Duracell 1632 batteries from Amazon which sells them as car opener batteries. The reviews for the batteries were mostly great but again there were a few complaints about short battery life usually a few weeks. Looks like a good chance those with Romeos who get a short battery life just need to try another battery. I'm starting the third month with my Romeo, been carrying it and leave it on all the time except when cleaning the gun with a brightness a couple down from the most bright.
do either of these have an on/off switch??

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the RMR I think it depends which one you get. The Romeo 1 can be turned off manually and also has an automatic on and off, turns off after about two minutes of no movement, back on when movement. I would imagine the auto sensors would shorten the battery life some.

馃帠USA Veteran
manual on/off's the best...................auto might wait beyond what is claimed to shut batt off & that's what shortens batt life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.