SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

A "Shoot Sig" squadding question

614 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Brudlbdings 
#1 ·
Greetings!

A question for those that have shot in a Shoot Sig event.

If you are planning on shooting 3 divisions (i.e.: Sig Dot, P365 Iron and P365 Dot), can those 3 divisions be fired in one squad, or must you sign up for 3 different squads?

Also, is it acceptable (or tolerable) for 2 people (i.e.: father and son) to share a handgun in a given squad, or do they have to register for separate squads?

As always, thanks in advance for your help!

#2 ·
While I knew about the Shoot Sig Program, I had not really looked into it more until recently. I was discussing it with someone at a GSSF (Glock) Indoor Match this weekend. I signed up yesterday and hope to shoot in February in the New Smyrna Florida area.

You may have already shot in a match and have all your questions answered. As I understand from my conversations, you sign up for specific times. If you are shooting more than one gun / division, you sign up for them separately with a little time between them. If this is the case I can say it’s better than the GSSF free for all squading technique they employ at an outdoor match.

I know I’m really looking forward to competing at one of these matches.

#3 ·
I work the competitive events at Sig Academy although I haven't worked a Shoot Sig event yet. (this weekend I'm on staff)

I can tell you that here any removal of a firearm not on the line must be done at a safe table. Sharing might become a bit difficult. Here in NH looaner firearms are made available. Might be the best option.

#5 ·
When I shot the match you could shoot all the divisions in one appointment. You don’t squad in the traditional sense. You make an appointment and you shoot at the appointed time. And sharing weapons was easy, after you shoot a weapon you bag it and hand it off in the bag to the next guy. You just need enough magazines or have someone to reload for you.