SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here,

I ordered an Extreme last month in CA, and I no longer see it on Sig's website. My store is telling me as long as I ordered it when it was available, Sig will make it.

Is this some crazy CA thing because of our limited list of available guns? I don't mind waiting, I just don't want to wait 4-5 months and follow up again and be told, oops, it's discontinued and you now have to wait 3 months for another model (I don't want the basic, nor do I want the MK25, the only two P226's showing on Sig's site that is CA compliant)

Thoughts?

馃帠US Army Veteran Premium Member
Welcome from New York and thanks for posting the question. I don't know the answer, but I'm interested in finding out. Doesn't ring true to me, but I'm not sure. I am sure I agree with you that I wouldn't want to wait months only to be told sorry, try again.

Registered
I don't see a P226 Extreme on SIG Sauer's website as being CA compliant. I really don't see SIG doing a production run of 1. I think you may need to find one already in a distributor's inventory or used. Even better would be to buy off-roster from Calguns.net marketplace.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't see a P226 Extreme on SIG Sauer's website as being CA compliant.

That is the issue. It IS on CA approved list, was current / on site when I ordered. Now it's gone. Hence the point of this post :)

Registered
The P6 is on the approved list also, but SIG's not gonna make you one of those. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Registered
If you can't find it in stock anywhere, I'm guessing you're out of luck. I'm sure eventually they will get around to doing a CA production run, but I think a distributor will have to order them specifically--SIG won't make them "just because".

Registered
If that exact model is on the approved list AND it is showing 鈥渋n stock鈥 you should be good. Call sig to follow up. However, Sig is so busy cranking out 320s and variants for military and free states, they have postponed planned new models that have been announced. In all this, the chances they will do a CA compliant special run is slim. If you call Dig and they answer anything other than it鈥檚 a ship date, cancel the order and try and see if your LGS can tap the distributor network to find one somewhere.

New member here,

I ordered an Extreme last month in CA, and I no longer see it on Sig's website. My store is telling me as long as I ordered it when it was available, Sig will make it.

Is this some crazy CA thing because of our limited list of available guns? I don't mind waiting, I just don't want to wait 4-5 months and follow up again and be told, oops, it's discontinued and you now have to wait 3 months for another model (I don't want the basic, nor do I want the MK25, the only two P226's showing on Sig's site that is CA compliant)

Thoughts?
Okay, look on page 27 of the 2021 Sig catalog there is a list of CA compliant 226 models available I think including your gun. I agree that a call to Sig will get you the final answer, but at least you have hope that it will work out.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, look on page 27 of the 2021 Sig catalog there is a list of CA compliant 226 models available I think including your gun. I agree that a call to Sig will get you the final answer, but at least you have hope that it will work out.
This is the exact answer I was looking for. That 226R-9-XTM-BLKGRY-CA is the exact model I ordered.

Pretty much what I expected, not on the site, because it might just be a CA run of that model.

This is the exact answer I was looking for. That 226R-9-XTM-BLKGRY-CA is the exact model I ordered.

Pretty much what I expected, not on the site, because it might just be a CA run of that model.
Excellent, I'm glad you got the answer you were looking for. I'd still shoot Sig an email or give them a call if you have 20 minutes to wait on hold. Good luck!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Excellent, I'm glad you got the answer you were looking for. I'd still shoot Sig an email or give them a call if you have 20 minutes to wait on hold. Good luck!
That is certainly worth my time, even to confirm and possibly get a better ETA than 2-5 months. Again, I am a first time gun owner, older, so not in any hurry anyways. I just want to know that I will get it at some point. Who knows, I may go buy something else too in the meantime if they say it's gonna be a while.

Who knows, I may go buy something else too in the meantime if they say it's gonna be a while.
I totally agree, but let me warn you about the wonderful world of gun buying, it's like eating peanuts, have you ever just eaten one?

Registered
I had no idea there was a Cali version listed. The entire Extreme line in every model for the rest of the US has been discontinued for a long time.
I would imagine that a production run of a pistol that took a special style grip (SIG quit selling the grips for the Extreme also) just for California would be few and far between.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I totally agree, but let me warn you about the wonderful world of gun buying, it's like eating peanuts, have you ever just eaten one?
As any of my hobbies know, I have no limits to my habits! I ordered a gun for wife too. If that shows up first, I know I will need to find SOMETHING. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had no idea there was a Cali version listed. The entire Extreme line in every model for the rest of the US has been discontinued for a long time.
I would imagine that a production run of a pistol that took a special style grip (SIG quit selling the grips for the Extreme also) just for California would be few and far between.
Well, then in some stupid, twisted, way, California's dumb gun laws are letting me get something special I guess. (And I bought from a large gun store chain, so they probably have the pull to get them, when they are made.) They were confident when I ordered that I should expect that 3-5 month wait. Not that the gun wasn't available.

Registered
lots of people had them, so if somebody said they filled the order...
doesn't matter if sig isn't selling them anymore.

Registered
Well, then in some stupid, twisted, way, California's dumb gun laws are letting me get something special I guess. (And I bought from a large gun store chain, so they probably have the pull to get them, when they are made.) They were confident when I ordered that I should expect that 3-5 month wait. Not that the gun wasn't available.
Hopefully you get it within 5 months. I had ordered a p229 Enhanced Elite. And after 6 months I cancelled my ordered. Found it somewhere else for the same price. I had heard that SiG wasn鈥檛 really slow at fulfilling ordered.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My BIL was at our store today, and he asked about my model. They are expecting 50 in the warehouse in May, and another 80 in September. There is 94 on order.

So September at worst. I think I'm gonna go order another brand in the meantime (4 week wait on some nice other guns). But totally looking forward to getting this.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^^^

You really want to buy a CA gun with the stupid safety features?
What "Stupid safety features" does this exact model have?

The only thing I'm not wild about (My wifes P238 will have it) is the LCI. From what I see, this is an old model, that is still compliant, so it doesn't have that. Yes, I'm limited to 10rd mags, but that isn't the gun.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts