SIG Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Walther PPS M2 today, for 325$. It was from my usual FFL, and came from an estate sale. It was complete with hard case and all the paperwork...wasn't even registered with Walther yet. Looked up the "date codes" on the slide, and it was made in 2021.

From what we could tell, it wasn't even shot. I brought it home for a "quick clean" before the range in the morning, and it still had that copper-colored factory grease in there. It has the Tritium XS Big Dot sights on it, and the original factory sights were in the box too. Think I'll keep the Big Dot sights...kinda like them. Here it is:

Seems like a solid gun to me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welp, in spite of the heat and humidity, sun in my face and Deer Flies bouncing off my head, I took that Walther and my P365 XL to the range this morning. I wanted to try out this Walther I bought.

First off, both guns ran 100%, and the Walther is a soft shooter. It seemed to like the Speer 147 grain Gold Dots the best...only shot one magazine of those because my supply is getting short. Secondly, I was shooting both left and right handed. I am working on getting better with my left hand, but it's slow going. My left hand shots "wander" a bit, but with practice I will improve.

Third. The XS Big Dot sights take some getting used to. I found that if I parked the big dot on top of the rear, then the dot on the target, I got the best results. I was trying a 6 O'clock hold at first, and they were going too low. At even only 30 feet, that big dot was covering the 5" outer ring on that Target department store box. These sights seem to shine when you are at about 25' or closer, shooting fast. Just put the dot on the humanoid target, and hit the trigger...they are not much for "bull's eye" shooting. Seeing as though this is a SD carry piece for me, that's okay.

Lastly, this gun just "fits" me. Both of the P365's I have do too. I am happy I ran across this Walther in the used gun section of the shop. I guess it's true, that even a blind hog finds a strawberry every now and then. ;)

Here is my target:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts