SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a Sig traditional slide Tacops 1911 with a Surefire X300 in the semi permanent mount. I am very familiar with the 1911 platform and have used Surefire weapon lights on various pistols, shotguns and rifles over the years but have run into a little hitch with this combo. I cant get the damn light off the rail without dissembling it! I called Surefire and their tech said yeah I know I have the same one and experience the same issue. Mighty big help there. So I'm turning to you. Anybody else have this issue and figured out how to remove the light simply with less hassle? Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
That doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Do you know exactly what is preventing it from coming off?
I only have Streamlights but I don't see why it is a problem to get the X300 off.

I would think that after loosening the screw that you could push in on the screw to pop the movable clamp on the left side of the light out from the rail and be able to remove it that way. Or, instead of pushing on the loose screw from the right side, you could use something to pull the moveable clamp on the left side out from the rail.

I can't think of anything else. :confused:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Yah I don't get it either, I only have a few of their X400's but they release a really long way before coming apart. Unless it's up against the trigger guard so tight it can't tilt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have that precise pairing and can remove the surefire without a total disassemble. I did notice that it gets in a bind depending on which slot you mount it in making it difficult to get on and off and even fit properly.

First, make sure you have the correct surefire mount key installed for the picatinny rail. I believe it comes with the glock key installed by default.

Second, I had to remove the removable pinned in spacer that is on the battery cover for the light to fit perfectly against the trigger guard. This helped significantly. Now the bezel is flush with the muzzle and the light mounts and dismounts easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses. I'll try removing the locking block and see if that works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.