SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Very nice non rail 40. Any idea what year it was built?
All the P229C models, in all calibers, are non-railed, just as with the similar (but different) P224 models that share many parts, including slide interchangeability. I have only seen P229C's with manufacture dates of mid-2015 to late-2016. The P229C is also one of the few models that accepts and functions equally well with standard P229 mags or with the P229-1 (9mm) mags, thus providing up to 19 rounds (15-round mag plus 3 plus chambered round) in a relatively compact size.

Air gun Trigger Mammal Gun barrel Gun accessory

I bet today that Russian SKS package is worth more than your 229.
My "guess" is the SKS package is worth anywhere from $600 to a high end of $800 (for full matching numbers model, 1951 or so, like this very nice looking one that has an asking price of $800 in Georgia - https://theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-1951-russian-sks.2658341/).

If the P229C pictured was available to purchase, I would give $900 for the package and pay for shipping to my FFL - without hesitation.

In my opinion, the OP made a good (maybe even AWESOME) trade!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All the P229C models, in all calibers, are non-railed, just as with the similar (but different) P224 models that share many parts, including slide interchangeability. I have only seen P229C's with manufacture dates of mid-2015 to late-2016. The P229C is also one of the few models that accepts and functions equally well with standard P229 mags or with the P229-1 (9mm) mags, thus providing up to 19 rounds (15-round mag plus 3 plus chambered round) in a relatively compact size.

My "guess" is the SKS package is worth anywhere from $600 to a high end of $800 (for full matching numbers model, 1951 or so, like this very nice looking one that has an asking price of $800 in Georgia - https://theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-1951-russian-sks.2658341/).

If the P229C pictured was available to purchase, I would give $900 for the package and pay for shipping to my FFL - without hesitation.

Wow, it looks like you have your fair share of them. They are getting a bit of value to them because so few were made. Parts are hard to find I’ve looking for recoil springs just have a few spares but it seems I’m always a day late.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bet today that Russian SKS package is worth more than your 229.

I've seen non-refurb Russian SKS's alone sell for $800+. Throw in what looks like the better part of 1000 rounds and that would surely fetch $1k today, depending on the arsenal and date of the rifle, and the buyer. Refurbs are $600+ pretty easily. Chinese beaters are pushing $400.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts